MAN ADVICE

Don't let some bag of asses bum you out lady, totally not even worth the time it would take. I also have huge self esteem issues, I know being really tall is supposed to be a good thing but I'm consistently being stared at and asked about it, it's hard feeling like you're always being looked at. I always struggle with my weight and that takes its toll.

So my girlfriend took a trip and spent the night in Vegas with a guy in a hotel room this weekend.

Let me elaborate: she planned a trip with her bff (supposedly gay), I mentioned him once in this thread before how it made me feel weird for the fact that they are constantly texting each other late into the hours of the night.. She toned down the texting since then, at least when she's around me, out of respect for my feelings or whatever.

But anyway they planned to go to Briteny Spears' new Vegas show the weekend it opened (I guess that's a thing) which was Saturday like 3 months ago. I didn't realize they'd be staying in a hotel together but that's just me being an ignorant idiot and not being able to but two and two together. I don't know why, but I just feel super uncomfortable about that. Like, not in a trust issue sort of way. I know nothing happened. I can't really pinpoint it. I guess what bothers me is I KNOW that if the shoe were on the other foot, and I stayed overnight alone with a female in a hotel, (regardless of her sexual orientation) that my gf would flip the absolute fuck out about it. Like probably not speak to me ever again over it. So why is my relationship such a one way street? Should I be mad about it? How the fuck should I feel VC?

I don't know where I'm going with this. I went out drinking tonight and have just been kind of sulking over this shit. Stupid. Whatever. Going to watch a depressing movie and feel bad about myself some more. Goodnight, everyone.

One of my best friends is a gay man. Granted I've known him and been close with him since I was 6 years old. My mom would let me spend the night at his house when we were younger. I think even she knew he was gay.

But, he has no male friends, everyone he's close with is female. and I've taken plenty of overnight trips with him.

Are you worried that he's not really gay and putting the moves on her or something? I really think you have nothing to worry about. But you know what, I do agree with the fact that a girl wouldn't like it if her man was going away with a lesbian. So damn, I guess I have no real point here other than gay men LOVE Britney spears.

And I think you should tell her how you're feeling. Because it sounds like they're just becoming better friends as time goes on.

I wouldn't worry about the spears concert. No straight dude would willingly go to that. And double standards exist for everyone, don't get hung up about them.

Constant texting would worry me a little. Not that means she is cheating, but more in a "why would she rather talk to someone else than me" kinda way. Would at least make me wonder if she was the right person for me.

So my girlfriend took a trip and spent the night in Vegas with a guy in a hotel room this weekend.

Let me elaborate: she planned a trip with her bff (supposedly gay), I mentioned him once in this thread before how it made me feel weird for the fact that they are constantly texting each other late into the hours of the night.. She toned down the texting since then, at least when she's around me, out of respect for my feelings or whatever.

But anyway they planned to go to Briteny Spears' new Vegas show the weekend it opened (I guess that's a thing) which was Saturday like 3 months ago. I didn't realize they'd be staying in a hotel together but that's just me being an ignorant idiot and not being able to but two and two together. I don't know why, but I just feel super uncomfortable about that. Like, not in a trust issue sort of way. I know nothing happened. I can't really pinpoint it. I guess what bothers me is I KNOW that if the shoe were on the other foot, and I stayed overnight alone with a female in a hotel, (regardless of her sexual orientation) that my gf would flip the absolute fuck out about it. Like probably not speak to me ever again over it. So why is my relationship such a one way street? Should I be mad about it? How the fuck should I feel VC?

I don't know where I'm going with this. I went out drinking tonight and have just been kind of sulking over this shit. Stupid. Whatever. Going to watch a depressing movie and feel bad about myself some more. Goodnight, everyone.

If you want to have sex again, just accept that in certain circumstances you are a doormat. The woman is right, you are wrong no matter what is actually taking place.

What are these cicumstances? Well they change depending on whatever the fuck she wants to flip out about that day/week/month etc...

I also agree with mr lebowski above. No straight male would go to a Brittany Spears concert. Not even to get laid in a Vegas hotel by a babe

No straight male would go to a Brittany Spears concert.

False.

My boyfriend's coworker loves Britney Spears, definitely straight. and my ex boyfriend is the one who got me into her as an adult because he played Blackout all the time.

The world doesn't always make sense, fellas.

edit: that being said, I don't think you should worry at all, yanq.

Constant texting would worry me a little. Not that means she is cheating, but more in a "why would she rather talk to someone else than me" kinda way. Would at least make me wonder if she was the right person for me.

there's another way to look at this too. would you really want to hear everything you girlfriend has to say all the time? I wouldn't. I read something that said women speak about 13,000 more words a day than men. I know personally I've had a group text going with my girlfriends and gay friend for over a year and I wouldn't want my boyfriend involved in all of that, and I don't think he'd want to read it either haha.

there's another way to look at this too. would you really want to hear everything you girlfriend has to say all the time? I wouldn't. I read something that said women speak about 13,000 more words a day than men. I know personally I've had a group text going with my girlfriends and gay friend for over a year and I wouldn't want my boyfriend involved in all of that, and I don't think he'd want to read it either haha.

that actually sounds like a great idea...  having a place to flush the mental vomit and save the important stuff for the man.  kudos on the innovation.

i'm the kinda dude that isn't made uncomfortable by some silence.  also, if there is music on in the background, there is a 90% chance i'm paying attention to the music and just "uh-huh"-ing.  i'm cool to turn off said music, but let's make sure we're not just talking for the sake of talking.

There's a middle ground. Obviously a dude doesn't want a chick to give up all her friends and only talk to him. From Yan's initial post with the word "constantly" emphasized, I interpreted it that she was skewed the other way. I'd be pissed if a girl came to my place to hang out and spent the whole night texting someone (girl, gay dude, whatever). It's sending the message she really isn't that into being there.

That's the impression I got from the post.

My girlfriend stays in the same hotel room with her gay BFF often and it never concerns me. He works for an airline and shes a travel agent, so they travel quite a bit together. theyve been friends since grade school. Maybe it's because I'm not the jealous type, or maybe it's because I've hung out with him enough that I absolutely love and trust him. Have you met this gent at all?

Thank you all for the advice, there's been some good shit in here.

My girlfriend stays in the same hotel room with her gay BFF often and it never concerns me. He works for an airline and shes a travel agent, so they travel quite a bit together. theyve been friends since grade school. Maybe it's because I'm not the jealous type, or maybe it's because I've hung out with him enough that I absolutely love and trust him. Have you met this gent at all?

I've met and hung out with him a couple times but never really gotten to know him. He's a publicist and just seems like your run-of-the-mill gay dude, even though he's almost 30 and isn't technically out of the closet.

But like I said, I trust my girl to the world's end and know that she wouldn't do anything, so I wasn't really worried about that. And it's not like I'm super pissed about the situation or fuming with jealousy, just slightly uncomfortable about it. It has to do more with the double standard than the Vegas Vacation itself.

The whole thing really isn't that big of a deal. I just probably shouldn't have drank last night

This is awesome perspective, thank you!

Just wanna thank everyone in here that has listened to me bitch and moan the last year. 2013 was pretty tough and theres no doubt this thread helped me through it. Hope you guys all have a happy new years!

Just wanna thank everyone in here that has listened to me bitch and moan the last year. 2013 was pretty tough and theres no doubt this thread helped me through it. Hope you guys all have a happy new years!

Also I look forward to bitching and moaning more as well as hearing you guys do the same and offering words of consolement and virtual rounds of booze to drown our sorrows in.

my girlfriend ( highschool sweetheart ) and I broke up for the 100th time this weekend, but this time it was out of the blue and things were going really well and it looks like we won't be getting back together anytime soon.  it was mutual and triggered by this fear we were both feeling that we weren't ready to marry or settle down and we didn't know if we were the ones we wanted to be with.  '

it's stupid.  feeling are stupid.

my girlfriend ( highschool sweetheart ) and I broke up for the 100th time this weekend, but this time it was out of the blue and things were going really well and it looks like we won't be getting back together anytime soon.  it was mutual and triggered by this fear we were both feeling that we weren't ready to marry or settle down and we didn't know if we were the ones we wanted to be with.  '

it's stupid.  feeling are stupid.

100th time? Why do I feel like you WILL be getting back together soon...

Holy shit.. I need to vent.

Met up with a girl from tinder last night. We've been chatting for a few days, and she's fucking hot as hell, so I figured, what better way to spend a snow storm than watching a couple movies with a hot blonde with huge tits?

I showed up, and immediately realized that she sure knows how to work a camera. A 9.5 on Instagram was about a 5.9 in person.

But even beyond looks, she was just awful. She got sloppy drunk and simply would not shut the fuck up.

Eventually, I just had to fuck her so that she would stop talking about movies, and that maybe I could fall asleep after, because I came into work at 9 this morning. Well that backfired. Hands down the worst sex I've ever had. It's not even close. Even after I finished, as flaccid as I was, she wouldn't quit. Spent about an hour just mashing it.

That was fucking awful. Sometimes a slump buster just isn't worth it.

Holy shit.. I need to vent.

Met up with a girl from tinder last night. We've been chatting for a few days, and she's fucking hot as hell, so I figured, what better way to spend a snow storm than watching a couple movies with a hot blonde with huge tits?

I showed up, and immediately realized that she sure knows how to work a camera. A 9.5 on Instagram was about a 5.9 in person.

But even beyond looks, she was just awful. She got sloppy drunk and simply would not shut the fuck up.

Eventually, I just had to fuck her so that she would stop talking about movies, and that maybe I could fall asleep after, because I came into work at 9 this morning. Well that backfired. Hands down the worst sex I've ever had. It's not even close. Even after I finished, as flaccid as I was, she wouldn't quit. Spent about an hour just mashing it.

That was fucking awful. Sometimes a slump buster just isn't worth it.

Maybe, you shouldn't have bumped uglies in the first place.