PO: Further Seems Forever - Penny Black

Also I Chris' voice was on point last night...for all the noobs complaining about the use of auto-tune.

I don't think anyone was ever calling into question his vocal ability, just the presence of autotune on the album. The exasperation is only amplified by the fact that Chris is obviously a singer that doesn't need to use it in any sort of way, and I get that it's a stylistic choice production-wise, but it's still annoying nonetheless. Completely takes away from the intimate and personal nature of the songs/lyrics of a band like FSF. Just one dude's opinion, though.

I don't think anyone was ever calling into question his vocal ability, just the presence of autotune on the album.

Pitch correction is used on the vast majority of recordings that come out these days. I just wanted to to reaffirm to people that haven't seen them live as of late, that Chris is still a fantastic singer, with a ridiculous range.

the only time i hear vocal effects on the album is maybe a little on so cold and some weird underwater thing on the rescue trained verses. unfortunately these are the first two songs, so it's easy to make your opinion of the album early. once you listen to the album a few times, if you stop thinking about it, you don't even notice it any more.

I don't think anyone was ever calling into question his vocal ability, just the presence of autotune on the album. The exasperation is only amplified by the fact that Chris is obviously a singer that doesn't need to use it in any sort of way, and I get that it's a stylistic choice production-wise, but it's still annoying nonetheless. Completely takes away from the intimate and personal nature of the songs/lyrics of a band like FSF. Just one dude's opinion, though.

yeah...but it's not autotune.

The back of the 7" says "words by joss whedon" so I think my suspicions are correct.

Yikes...

they were selling the record tonight for $20 and it was the green marble from rise. They were so damn good live, the new songs sounded way better than on the actual record. Thinking about getting a clear from rise but i think ill just stick with this one so i wont waste any more money.

I was at the show tonight, so amazing. I wanted to grab the vinyl but $20 was a lot for me tonight so I had to pass. But they did mention they'd try to be back here around February! Excited for that! What was kinda sad was that it didn't feel like the venue was filled very much. :-(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm spinning this right now. It is better than I thought it would be. Nice surprise. My Green/Red swirl copy is also transparent green with green swirl though. Here is a pretty bad picture of it.

3CEF04B0-F4F7-4A5A-881D-CB65199242B0-103

Even though this doesn't have the red in it, I think the color looks way cool. I have the hot topic exclusive and really wish I had this one. It's the Rise exclusive right?