Deftones - Koi No Yokan released Nov. 13th

adrenaline or GTFO. i am a deftones ORIGINAL FAN FROM THE BEGINNING. NOW THEY ARE MAINSTREAM! ! !

kidding. :) only telling people that adrenaline was their first album i had only shows my young age of 31. their stuff continues to be good. always some hiccups along the way...especially for a 17+ year old band. Love the band but can not honestly say that everything they've put out is gold. looking forward to this one.

due to this thread, i am now listening to each album in order. damn, this shit is so good. i remember borrowing the adrenaline cassette from a friend in high school and being blown away

Yeah...pretty much all four albums from Adrenaline to Self Titled are flawless, IMO.

Really, one of my favorite bands of all time. My friends get sick of hearing me play them in bars and in the car.

"Dude, there's no girls around for you to bang right now why are you playing this sex rock?!" lol

self titled gets a bad rap because its the follow up to their most popular and critically acclaimed record. people were bound to be disappointed - especially all the "new fans" that white pony had garnered them. im a pretty big fan of all of their releases but i do think collectively self titled and saturday night wrist contain some throw aways. they also contain some seriously underrated tracks (see deathblow and combat to start). around the fur is easily my favorite though.

Opening up Spotify....

Ahh yes.

Deftones are so fucking consistent, one of the few that made their mark immediately in the early-mid 90's melodic hard rock game and are still around. Even outlasted Tool.

That said, White Pony is my favorite, next is S/T, favorite song is Anniversary, I go back to that song so much. Love when they experiment with songs like Lucky You and even the weird songs on SNW. I have to listen to that album more, and their last one caught me at an odd time, I never really spent adequate time with it.

go listen to hexagram again. heaviest. song. ever, better yet watch that video! dont get me wrong, im a deftones fanboy, but those songs are groove heavy. hexagram is crushing, cant breath heavy:)

agreed. Hexagram fucking destroys, I also think it's the band's heaviest song in their entire discog.

When girls telephone boys...

not trying to deny that the band doesn't have other heavy as fuck tracks in their discog, - I'm not going to disagree with you, I just think the outro to Hexagram is outrageous. But I love the all the songs mentioned in this thread i.e. which is the heaviest. I've been a Deftones fan since I was in the fourth grade and I'm just stoked to see so many people here who share that same love for the band.

side note: Deftones' facebook page made a post that a Deftones.com exclusive pre-order was coming soon - hopefully it includes vinyl.

not trying to deny that the band doesn't have other heavy as fuck tracks in their discog, - I'm not going to disagree with you, I just think the outro to Hexagram is outrageous. But I love the all the songs mentioned in this thread i.e. which is the heaviest. I've been a Deftones fan since I was in the fourth grade and I'm just stoked to see so many people here who share that same love for the band.

side note: Deftones' facebook page made a post that a Deftones.com exclusive pre-order was coming soon - hopefully it includes vinyl.

Yay! But I haven't worked all week. I'm broke. :(