Black Friday 2012 RSD Releases Updated 10/9

dreamover

On a quick side note....if you are out or online looking for these items, you may see a disperity in the prices for some of the items.

If a music store is capable of going through a direct label/vendor versus a one stop distributor (e.g. Super D, Alliance, Cobraside) then the cost could be quite drastic.

For instance, the Primus 10" direct is $10.48. That same 10" through a One Stop Distributor---$13.25. A difference of $2.77, which is why you may see the Primus 10" for $14.99 at one store and $18.99 at another. So my point is to try and shop around online or try and get prices ahead of time, as it will save you money in the long run...

There are only 2 places I've seen doing preorders. Got a list of some other stores?

I know it's frowned upon by the record collector elitists ;), but I went ahead and pre-ordered the Mad Season 10" and Coheed 12" from Vintage Vinyl. If I get it, cool. If I don't, oh well.

Only other release I want is that Asobi Seksu / Boris split 7" and Sargent House responded to a tweet I sent then and they will have copies on their online store. So not worried on that.

Only thing I really want is the Moonrise Kingdom 10" - Went to preorder it at my local store and he asked "what is up with this, everyone wants this?" guess its gonna be hard to snag! ugh.... @ $8.99 its a great price

I guess that Mad Season looks nice...love that song! will be happy with that...otherwise im starting to think my RSD Black Friday days are over!

But is the 3000 press quantity for the Incubus LPs for their entire run or just the number released for Black Friday.

If it's just for BF then what's the BF Deal that there are only 3000... since there would be more later.

Unless they number them or they're different in some way.

So pumped for S.C.I.E.N.C.E. it hurts!!

But is the 3000 press quantity for the Incubus LPs for their entire run or just the number released for Black Friday.

If it's just for BF then what's the BF Deal that there are only 3000... since there would be more later.

Unless they number them or they're different in some way.

So pumped for S.C.I.E.N.C.E. it hurts!!

Just talked to my local record shop. The Incubus releases are "windowed." In other words, small shops have the exclusive for that windowed time, they said ~3 months is typical. It looks like the Incubus releases are until Dec, 31st. Best guess is that they will be widely available (Amazon, et. al) after that.

Not numbered, but as long as they don't change any of the specs (180g, gatefold), I'm tempted to skip the rush and hold out another month.

Just talked to my local record shop. The Incubus releases are "windowed." In other words, small shops have the exclusive for that windowed time, they said ~3 months is typical. It looks like the Incubus releases are until Dec, 31st. Best guess is that they will be widely available (Amazon, et. al) after that.

Not numbered, but as long as they don't change any of the specs (180g, gatefold), I'm tempted to skip the rush and hold out another month.

Are you sure these aren't going to be numbered? According to the RSD website, they will be. Although, it also says "first time on vinyl" which is untrue.

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/5723

To clarify, yea the RSD's are numbered, gatefolds, 180g. /3000

There's no word at all on what the releases will be AFTER RSD. I am only speculating. If the RSD's were numbered and limited, what would be the point of numbering the widely available copies released after Dec 31st? I mean they could, but at that stage I don't see why they would bother.

And yea, if you count the previous releases, Monuments, and the various rare-as-hell singles floating around out there, a lot of the Incubus catalog is our there in some capacity.... ($$$$$$+++++)

To clarify, yea the RSD's are numbered, gatefolds, 180g. /3000

There's no word at all on what the releases will be AFTER RSD. I am only speculating. If the RSD's were numbered and limited, what would be the point of numbering the widely available copies released after Dec 31st? I mean they could, but at that stage I don't see why they would bother.

And yea, if you count the previous releases, Monuments, and the various rare-as-hell singles floating around out there, a lot of the Incubus catalog is our there in some capacity.... ($$$$$$+++++)

Thanks for clarifying. I'm thinking that the RSD copies will be the same ones that will be widely distributed later on. It's hard to imagine that indie stores will be able to move anywhere near 3,000 copies of each of these releases. But who knows.. crazier things have happened.

Nevermind, you already stated that your local store said that isn't the case. I'm dumb.

Edited by tolivm