Rancid Essentials - 7" Box Set from Pirates Press

jipc

Considering that they've sold out every single show they have played the past 15 years and their last record debuted #11 on the billboard 200 and #2 on the independent charts I don't think they are losing a fan base and need the money.

So why in the world would they put this out? It's not like ANYONE has ever said, yknow it'd be sweet to have the whole rancid back catalogue on 46 7's. I'd enjoy that.

Nobody, wants or needs this. Only blind fans will buy it, or rich parents for their punxrawk rebel children

Considering that they've sold out every single show they have played the past 15 years and their last record debuted #11 on the billboard 200 and #2 on the independent charts I don't think they are losing a fan base and need the money.

Would like to see some sources on this claim.

I agree w/ whoever said a 12" box set would've been a much beter idea, as it would've been cheaper and it not as much of a a pain in the ass to flip records over 92 times to listen to the entire disco... Absolutely ridiculous. Their time would've been beter spent writing and recording their new album than panning out the details on this stupid box set.

Though I haven't really listened to anything post Rancid (2000), I still love all of the records I grew up on. With that said, I would happily shell out for an LP box set (considering it didn't have a ridiculous price tag of course), but a giant pile of 7"s is just plain ridiculous. Considering each side consists of 2 punk songs, I really don't see the fun in having to flip or change records every 4-5 minutes.

yeah, I have digital of them, but I can't remember where I got them. I'm pretty sure you can find them on Youtube also. Most of the versions are different than the actual album and half of it is done by The Silencers (band that did Policeman on the Give Em the Boot Comp), not Rancid.