How to Fend Off A Stalker?

Make a fake letter from the "police" asking that he stop unless he wants legal action to prevent contact and put it in his mailbox. If all else fails just contact the police, they'll pay him a little personal visit.

You could get 3 friends, some Obama masks, and bats and beat him up. Don't say anything, he'll get the point hahaha.

I wouldnt publicize that he is a stalker anywhere (no matter how great an idea it sounds) as it could be the thing that pushes him over the edge of "not stalkery enough" to things getting physical or getting much worse. I thought that cyber stalking was a crime now in all states. I assume she/you have already told him to stop contact etc so I dont know what the police is looking for him to do. If you can somehow lure him to Maine ( christmas break she wants to meet up maybe?) we have plenty of forests that go years without people entering, many sandpits that arent used anymore and lots of other useful places to bury a body.

I'm going to save boogers and toenails for a week. SO excited to have a reason to do this.

"CASEY! QUIT PICKING YOUR NOSE!"

"It's OK Em... It's for a good cause. This Indian dude has it coming..."

this guy is weird enough that I imagine his response following the receipt of your package to be something like this:

"Hi Molly, I received your boogers and toenails today. I have been so hopeful of a response from you and finally seeing an actual piece of you since that fateful day is more than I could have ever asked for. I only hope you will give me the opportunity to pick one directly from you some day soon".

Seriously, his tone is a lot like that.

it is really unfortunate that the laws haven't 100% caught up to cyber stalking yet. Personally, I know how this whole thing feels. I've had to change my number a bunch of times and even went without a phone for a while. It was only after my apartment was broken into (twice) and my drawers rifled through that I was able to get a personal protection order. I used to sleep with a hammer and pepper spray by my bed. yeah, it blows.

as many people said, document as much as you can. If you know his mailing address it might help to send a registered/certified letter telling him to cease and desist all further contact. In general, cyber stalking laws seems to be lagging behind modern technology, but California is a progressive state so i would definitely do some searching into the current legal code.

I do like the public shame angle - posting “warning stalker" flyers with his picture on it around campus. However, if the dude is unstable who knows what might happen. If you really start to feel concerned for your safety i would not hesitate to contact the police, including campus police.

On a related note, my friend had a coworker who was receiving disturbing sexually aggressive emails from an anonymous account. My friend is an IT nerd, and was able to track down the sender's identity by tracking the email trail. He found out email were sent from a work location and then pretended to be that company's IT guy and found out the dude's name and info. He was then able to hack into the guy's email account and sent him a message (from "himself") telling him to back off in no uncertain terms.

Do you want to the most f'd part?.... After he told her the dude's name it turned out to be her first cousin.

• 2 months later...

Wait, this is STILL going on?

You never sent me his mailing info.

Never stopped....approaching the 2 year mark now. To recap...the only interaction was checking out an apartment. One day, all but 5 minutes. 

I totally trust your ability to handle him Casey, but I gotta tread lightly here. that picture totally captures the "I will snap and murder you and your family" vibe doesn't it? 

I missed this thread the first time around. A friend of mine was in a similar situation (gotta love okcupid)

Does your girl reply at all, to anything he writes? Even if it's a "Leave me a alone"? My friend did this and as soon as she stop replying at all, he gave up and lost interest and probably moved on to someone else. It took a month or so for it to finally kick in but it worked

If your girl uses gmail, I think they have an auto reply feature. So one thing you could do is set it for him with a "this email doesn't exist anymore".

Also within gmail, if she isn't in a contract, she could port her number to google voice, get a new number, forward all calls/texts from her old number to her new number and then block his ass on that. I know you can have specific voicemails for specific numbers, so that could be a disconnected one for him if he tries calling.

I missed this thread the first time around. A friend of mine was in a similar situation (gotta love okcupid)

Does your girl reply at all, to anything he writes? Even if it's a "Leave me a alone"? My friend did this and as soon as she stop replying at all, he gave up and lost interest and probably moved on to someone else. It took a month or so for it to finally kick in but it worked

If your girl uses gmail, I think they have an auto reply feature. So one thing you could do is set it for him with a "this email doesn't exist anymore".

Also within gmail, if she isn't in a contract, she could port her number to google voice, get a new number, forward all calls/texts from her old number to her new number and then block his ass on that. I know you can have specific voicemails for specific numbers, so that could be a disconnected one for him if he tries calling.

She replied one time very specifically saying "do not contact me anymore" just to have a record of it. Literally have not responded in months and he never stops. Creepy as fuck. 

I only got that picture because he viewed her linkedin page recently. 

Haven't blocked the emails because I want to build as much info about him as possible in hopes that he says something mildly threatening so I can get the cops to do something. 

Really don't want to have to change her number over this, but its almost at that point. 

Can we mail boxes of shit to him? I shat in a Styrofoam box that they use to transplant body parts to hospitals and left it on my porch for like 3 days in June. We had a friend open it, bad move, it stunk the whole apartment up. He barfed so it was worth it. 

I have this fear that somehow I will do something like this, he will sue me, I will end up in jail, and he will live happily ever after with my stockholm syndromed girlfriend. 

I feel like this is the plot to several movies, of which I can currently think of zero.