How to Fend Off A Stalker?

I have this fear that somehow I will do something like this, he will sue me, I will end up in jail, and he will live happily ever after with my stockholm syndromed girlfriend. 

I feel like this is the plot to several movies, of which I can currently think of zero. 

HAHAHAHA no one will ever know it's from you! Have someone get a PO box in another state and use that address, then just mail from any other zip code in CA. You're originally from Jersey from what I remember from a tweet talk we had, we do this kind of stuff on the East Coast, it's all good!

HAHAHAHA no one will ever know it's from you! Have someone get a PO box in another state and use that address, then just mail from any other zip code in CA. You're originally from Jersey from what I remember from a tweet talk we had, we do this kind of stuff on the East Coast, it's all good!

...until he backtraces it to this thread and reports it to the cyberpolice. Sorry Joe, YA DONE GOOFED

Honestly, as much as it sucks she may want to go ahead and change her number/email etc

if that was the only way he was contacting/attempting to contact it would be an easy decision, but its just one of many. Problem is nothing he's done to date is violent in anyway. Can't get a TRO against creepy weirdos yet. 

• 1 month later...

reading that made my stomach sink. have you been keeping records of everything else he’s done? scary shit. good luck. 

Yea, he has a folder dedicated to him. Don't tell him though, he might take it as reciprocation. 

He also texted yesterday "I can't wait until tomorrow, I love you". That worried me, but luckily she works in two offices and is at the second one today, not the one he sent the card to. 

Yea, he has a folder dedicated to him. Don't tell him though, he might take it as reciprocation. 

He also texted yesterday "I can't wait until tomorrow, I love you". That worried me, but luckily she works in two offices and is at the second one today, not the one he sent the card to. 

That is enough reason to go to the police for me. WTF?

My old roommate was dating a girl who had a stalker. He would park outside her house, show up at her work, keyed my roommates car (pretty sure, can't prove it). Tons of weird texts and stuff like that.

She took him to court with stalking charges. It is one of the hardest things in the entire world to prove in a court of law. Unless there is violence, I think a lot of them get thrown out. I'm not a lawyer though.

The judge said something to the guy along the lines of "I am not finding you guilty of stalking but I am telling you to stay away from this woman. You have no business ever contacting her again and if you continue to do this, there will be consequences". He got the message.

That is enough reason to go to the police for me. WTF?

Yea. I'm hoping it's just another weird gift, but it sealed it for me as well. He has yet to show up in person anywhere. 

My old roommate was dating a girl who had a stalker. He would park outside her house, show up at her work, keyed my roommates car (pretty sure, can't prove it). Tons of weird texts and stuff like that.

She took him to court with stalking charges. It is one of the hardest things in the entire world to prove in a court of law. Unless there is violence, I think a lot of them get thrown out. I'm not a lawyer though.

The judge said something to the guy along the lines of "I am not finding you guilty of stalking but I am telling you to stay away from this woman. You have no business ever contacting her again and if you continue to do this, there will be consequences". He got the message.

apparently California is pretty tight on stalking laws. We'll see. 

Yea. I'm hoping it's just another weird gift, but it sealed it for me as well. He has yet to show up in person anywhere. 

apparently California is pretty tight on stalking laws. We'll see. 

Cool man. Even if he doesn't get convicted, it's probably worth it to put him out there just to explain himself to a judge.

I'm sure the police will be able to advise you on what laws have been broken and how to handle it.

As an aspiring stalker this thread will work as my how to guide.  Now all I need to do is suss out my future stalkee.

Obvious joking is obvious, but damn this should have been put to a stop long ago.  He's unstable and the longer this goes on the worse he's going to get and that just leads to a higher possibility of him doing something truly dangerous and disturbing.