Arcade Fire working on new album for 2013

It's been a while since Canadian Indie darlings, Arcade Fire, made any noise. Perhaps the weight of winning a Grammy for Album of the Year caused some pause when considering their next move. Or maybe they're just being mysterious in a way that only Canadian Indie rock groups can be. Whatever the case, the group is back in the studio working on their follow-up to 2010's The Suburbs.

Speaking to a local radio station in Ottawa, Drummer Jeremy Gara announced the band desire to release new material by late 2013. "We're in the studio pretty much full-time just doing what we do," he said. "We kind of shut the door. We haven't really gone out and done anything in over a year now."

Gara also noted that without any pressure from their record label or managment, they have no real timeline for completion. "We're just working. We have no deadlines. It's kind of coming along."

One thing is for certain, when their new album does drop, expect it to be littered with random  french verses. C'est juste la façon dont des rouleaux d'incendie Arcade, am i rite?

Source: Pitchfork 

Haven't heard The Suburbs, yet? For shame. Why not grab a copy from our store. Arcade Fire working on new album for 2013, also growing beards

• 9 months later...

Last album was rubbish compared to the first couple

Thought the same thing for nearly two years before it clicked.  I still prefer the dark vibes of Neon Bible, and the good vibes from Funeral... but the 'Burbs is a quality record through and through.  Really eager to see where they'll progress from here.

I liked them until I saw them live. Hated The Suburbs so much, and their live show was garbage. The national blew them out of the fucking state.

Really surprising... I brought a friend who hadn't ever listened to them to see them (after The Suburbs came out).  They say it's one of the best shows they've ever been to and are now a huge fan.  Probably top 5 concerts for me, too, and I go to a ton.

I liked them until I saw them live. Hated The Suburbs so much, and their live show was garbage. The national blew them out of the fucking state.

fuck the national

• 1 month later...
I hated the National going in but they won me over.

Unless I'm missing something, this is really throwing me off.

But I agree with you.  Suburbs did nothing for me for the longest time.  I haven't seem them live, but it just randomly clicked one day.  Tough to explain.  I still think Neon Bible is criminally underrated -- the shift and second half of Black Wave / Bad Vibrations absolutely floors me with every listen.

I just finally bought The Suburbs after putting it off for years, long over due.

I don't much care for Neon Bible but it has the best closing track out of the three records.

Keep at it, man.  I was initially one of the many who felt like Neon Bible was just a weak attempt to follow up Funeral; an album doomed to forever remain in the shadow of their debut.  I revisited NB after a year of not touching it, and was blown away.  The songs I presumed to be filler or uninspired took on a new light, and the whole album's flow just made sense.  There's maybe one song on the entire record that I'm still not crazy about, but the rest is top-notch.  Agreed with your comment on the closer, too.