Finch - What It Is To Burn 2xLP Hot Topic exclusives

travis

Direct excerpt: "Personally? I’m just happy that I probably don’t have to travel to Hot Topic."

Cool kid alert.

I didn't even read the whole thing. The kids immediately proves he has no idea what's going on when he determined that these were unofficial reports lol

and of course Finch didn't speak with Vinyl Collective, this site has nothing to do with it. lol goddamn

and yeah I guess this kid has never heard of online shopping.

glad I unloaded my OG press last year.

I don't understand why people have this mentality when an album is repressed. Wouldn't you want your original copy more now since the album is being repressed? I would. Maybe I'm weird, for wanting to hold on to a original pressing of a record.

Also, this is amazing news. Guaranteed buy.

I don't understand why people have this mentality when an album is repressed. Wouldn't you want your original copy more now since the album is being repressed? I would. Maybe I'm weird, for wanting to hold on to a original pressing of a record.

Also, this is amazing news. Guaranteed buy.

the idea is that you don't want to be a buyer when the record is at peak pricing. now that this repress has been announced, many people will sell their OG presses off on ebay so that they can still get top dollar for them. but watch though... right once the repress comes out, flippers will flood ebay with those copies and dilute the market, causing the OG to tank in value. this has happened with underoath "they're only chasing safety," thursday's "war all the time," and thrice's "TAITA." So if you were someone who bought those OG titles when they were at their highest value (like myself), it is nice to unload them for close to what you paid for them. Then, buy a repress, knowing that if you want to someday, you'll be able to buy another OG copy for less than your original purchase price.

Stoked to be able to buy a copy that includes the title track, hopefully sounds better. Was spinning the og earlier and it leaves a lot to be desired.

That's why I sold my OG. Not to mention someone was willing to give me $100 for it. The marble was prettty but who cares, I'll take quality over aesthetics any day.

I didn't even read the whole thing. The kids immediately proves he has no idea what's going on when he determined that these were unofficial reports lol

and of course Finch didn't speak with Vinyl Collective, this site has nothing to do with it. lol goddamn

It's nice that these websites do some research before posting things...

I'm with Toki on this one. An original press can be nice to own, sure. But for those of us who only need one copy - and are more concerned with the vinyl's content than its associating bragging rights - it just makes sense to sell an OG copy if there's a profit to be had.

I guess I would enjoy gloating over my original Deja Entendu, later this year, if a repress does indeed happen. But I think I enjoy - just as much, if not more - the extra $350 I swapped it for, last week. If I hop on the speculated repress for $20, that's $330 I can put towards more records, or anything, really. And to me, that's worth significantly more than having an extra copy that's been around a bit longer.

I have a coke bottle/red probably will never sell it, probably will track down a marble someday. But i was lucky enough to get the one i have here a few months ago for 40$

You got a great deal on that! I always loved the marble variant more than the red/green one though. It seriously sparkled.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, boss man.

Clearly neither Under The Gun (poor man's Property Of Zack) nor Finch realizes that Travis posts the official Hot Topic vinyl info on here. Fuckin n00bs.

lol.