PO: Atoms For Peace (Thom Yorke) - AMOK

This just came. Terrible packaging, but the box wasn't beat up too bad.

The silkscreen box is just a big mailer with a zip pull to open. The box was smashed enough that I can just open a side flap to get the records out without pulling the cardboard zip. So that's nice. The silkscreen box is just a silkscreen sticker on the box.

The actual 12" are really nice and heavy.

I got pretty lucky as mine is in good shape. But it was boxed really bad. It came from Matador and they know better so there is no excuse. But this explains why there was a note on XLs website about them being not responsible for packages damaged during shipment. Just covering their ass for XLs awful packaging. And when I just went to add mine to my collection on discogs I noticed multiple copies for sale noting they were damaged.

I'm still waiting on mine. So, you guys that have received it already, do you regret spending $105 on it, or was it worth it? It sucks that they've been coming with some damage.

I don't regret it. It's a really cool set. Sure it's an inconvenient way to listen to the album, but the format as a whole is pretty inconvenient.

• 3 weeks later...

FYI...there is a record shop in London that is selling this for close to the same price as on XL website.  They had three for sale last night (I bought one of them) and I believe there is 1 more left here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATOMS-FOR-PEACE-Amok-limited-1-sided-etched-9xLP-box-/181220579990?pt=UK_Records&hash=item2a31969a96

Happy shopping everyone!