Rise Records sign The Jealous Sound, re-issues scheduled

IanRees

Rise Records is honored to announce the signing of Los Angeles based THE JEALOUS SOUND. This new partnership will commence February 5th, 2013 with the re-release of their latest full length album entitled, A Gentle Reminder. The new deluxe digipak version will include 4 bonus tracks including a brand new song and the 2008 Got Friends EP. The double vinyl LP version will include those as well as 2 remixes of the song “Got Friends” including one by Jimmy Tamborello of the Postal Service. A Gentle Reminder was recorded by John “Lou” Lousteau in the Foo Fighter’s 606 Studios and features Nate Mendel (Foo Fighters/Sunny Day Real Estate) on bass.
In addition, Rise will be re-releasing their first 2 albums as one deluxe version. The self titled EP and Kill Them with Kindness albums will be re-released in the summer of 2013. The band expects to have a new album out in early 2014. The band's new lyric video for "This is Where It Starts" can be seen in the replies.

The first part was posted in the Gentle Reminder thread. I did not see the part where they are reissuing S/T and Kill Them With Kindness. Only way I'm buying the second package is if the audio is remastered as well. Otherwise I'm sticking with my OG.

Also what's with Rise and re-issuing certain relatively recently in print LPs? People don't forget about this too:

The first part was posted in the Gentle Reminder thread. I did not see the part where they are reissuing S/T and Kill Them With Kindness. Only way I'm buying the second package is if the audio is remastered as well. Otherwise I'm sticking with my OG.

Also what's with Rise and re-issuing certain relatively recently in print LPs? People don't forget about this too: http://boards.vinylc...r-and-counting/

I'm all for it. There's no reason to keep an album limited when there's (apparently) a demand for it.

^ Ha. I actually phrased myself wrong. I mainly was talking about A Gentle Reminder and Hot Water Music Forever And Counting. Yeah Kill Them With Kindness is a bit of a find now....

I do agree they seem to be re-press happy, but I'm all for albums being easily accessible. I don't have the money to buy every single release as it's pumped out!

• 4 weeks later...

Nobody remembers the controversy with the "Vinyl Collective Collective" pressing of this a few years ago? Huge backlash, tons of people were pissed that this is what they pressed (though really, they should have been more pissed about Virgil keeping all the money from everything) and they were practically giving these things away towards the end.

That said, I dig the record but I bought it off of one of the "collective" members dirt cheap. I tried re-issuing the last 2 Knapsack LPs (one was originally a 2x10" for some reason) a few years back. Got a response from Alias, even, but they stopped responding after the initial offer. Ah well. I still would like a copy of both of those records but no way do I want to spend $50 on the damn things. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...