Dine Alone: City and Colour Holiday Vinyl + Alexisonfire Releases

Dude, it's Christmas.

I'm not saying he should sit online and field every issue or question or even sit through what happened in this topic last night. I'm just sayin..if he has time to post on IG, he should be able to have time to come in here and be like "sorry for all the trouble guys, yes this Is totally sold out."

But maybe I expect too much? Who knows.

He probably thinks we will just tear into him when he finally does show, which really isn't far from the truth, I'm sure there will be a lot of less then satisfied people coming out and voicing a concern of some sort. Probably just laying low so people chill the fuck out first haha.

You'd think they're going to press more since they're the only people in the world who thought 1000 would be enough. Or at least individual presses later.

Also yeah it's christmas so they're busy with personal stuff but maybe they shouldn't have put it up on christmas in the first place. That was a really stupid idea.

This is true, but he is like the outside salesman of Dine Alone, if you will. He is out here on a public forum dealing with all the questions and concerns of the fans/customers, so that comes with the position, so to speak.

I highly doubt anyone is pissed with Justin in perticular, and I doubt anyone is going to get out of hand, but he is obviously going to get some very blunt and forward questions/remarks due to peoples frustration.

I'm not saying he should sit online and field every issue or question or even sit through what happened in this topic last night. I'm just sayin..if he has time to post on IG, he should be able to have time to come in here and be like "sorry for all the trouble guys, yes this Is totally sold out."

But maybe I expect too much? Who knows.

Did he happen to be posting on IG about time with family or friends because it's Christmas?

Three days ago, I went into my Marsh grocery store because I had to pick up some ingredients for my wife to make fudge. There were two express lines, but only one line where when you were next in line, you could pick the next express lane. A ton of people tried to just walk up to one of the lanes because there was only one line, and they were going to the one that "people weren't in line for."

As if we were all just standing in a long line for no reason. 

One lady actually did cut in front of everyone, as I was at the register getting checked out. I told her that she just cut in front of everyone in this line, and she stared at the ground and ignored what I was saying. I repeated it, but she clearly didn't care. No shame. Her time was more important than everyone else's, and she had to get her ham and get out of there. 

I also had to go to Big Lots that same night, because I forgot to pick up trash bags. As I was in line, a woman was basically standing in the exact same spot I was. When I scooted up a foot, she would scoot up right behind me. She was yelling in my ear to one of her kids about how Big Lots didn't have what they were looking for. I kept checking to see if my wallet was still there. It was uncomfortable, and I didn't get why she was all up in my business while screaming at her kids.

I realized this year that over the course of my life, I have slowly but surely grown to dislike Christmas. I don't dislike Santa, or the lights, or the traditions... I just dislike the fact that this time of year brings out the worst in people. It's supposed to be a season of giving. It's supposed to be a season where others matter more than yourself. And every year, around this time, you see all of these people being more selfish in an attempt to be selfless. 

Basically, anyone that is mad at Justin for being a part of a label that releases the limited pressings you guys have been pining for, you guys are the line-cutters at Christmas time.

I don't really agree with the people saying that we shouldn't be upset over this because it's Christmas and stuff.

I feel like something that seemed so perfect was handled a little bit poorly. I don't understand why they only pressed 1000, and why it was released at midnight on Christmas, a time when many people are sleeping because they have things to do in the morning, and also when there are a very low number of employees available to address problems that occur. I tried to get one of these sets from 11:55pm - 2:00am, which resulted in me having an awful day from having to wake up super early and being really tired. I am not mad at Justin, but it was stated multiple times that there will be enough for everyone if they tried to buy it when it was released, and I don't understand why there were only 1000. I have seen this band at least 15 times, and City and Colour at least 5 times. This is one of my top 3 favourite bands, and it is extremely frustrating that I have been looking forward to this set for over a year since since was announced, only to be let down by bad projection of how many people would want it, and an awful webstore.

I know it's Christmas, and I know others have it much worse than some of us complaining about this set, but that doesn't mean that the situation is excusable. That doesn't mean that some of us don't do nice things for others, or don't care about others, it just means that some of us feel that our time was wasted, and that we were let down for no apparent reason (more sets could have been pressed, and they could have got a better server/webstore)

Not trying to start anything, that's just my opinion. Merry Christmas everyone! 

I don't really agree with the people saying that we shouldn't be upset over this because it's Christmas and stuff.

I feel like something that seemed so perfect was handled a little bit poorly. I don't understand why they only pressed 1000, and why it was released at midnight on Christmas, a time when many people are sleeping because they have things to do in the morning, and also when there are a very low number of employees available to address problems that occur. I tried to get one of these sets from 11:55pm - 2:00am, which resulted in me having an awful day from having to wake up super early and being really tired. I am not mad at Justin, but it was stated multiple times that there will be enough for everyone if they tried to buy it when it was released, and I don't understand why there were only 1000. I have seen this band at least 15 times, and City and Colour at least 5 times. This is one of my top 3 favourite bands, and it is extremely frustrating that I have been looking forward to this set for over a year since since was announced, only to be let down by bad projection of how many people would want it, and an awful webstore.

I know it's Christmas, and I know others have it much worse than some of us complaining about this set, but that doesn't mean that the situation is excusable. That doesn't mean that some of us don't do nice things for others, or don't care about others, it just means that some of us feel that our time was wasted, and that we were let down for no apparent reason (more sets could have been pressed, and they could have got a better server/webstore)

Not trying to start anything, that's just my opinion. Merry Christmas everyone! 

It's not that we all don't want answers but the self-righteous give me answers right now I don't care that it's christmas attitude is just a little off putting. Like others have said, there is no doubt in my mind that once Justin has enjoyed his holidays he will explain and try to help us out as best he can... like he does all the time.

Also, I'd just like to throw something out there...

For everyone ready come out guns blazing, ready to "tear into" Justin / Dine Alone / AOF, has doing so ever actually got you what you wanted? 

It's my guess that the guys at Dine Alone will be much more open to pressing more of these if they think they're not going to a bunch of assholes. A lot of us are disappointed but throwing a tantrum isn't going to solve anything.