Recently Viewing

Anyone been watching Agents of SHIELD? Wondering if it is any good.

I tried watching the first episode and didn't get through it. Just wasn't holding my attention.

Reminded me of Smallville as far as production and "feel" of the show. I was hoping for a grittier, more realistic vibe that recent comic book movies have had.

Finally watched Mr. Nobody this week, twice!  Such an amazing film, I can't believe it's just now gonna be getting some major distribution after 4 years.  Highly recommended, especially if you were a fan of the films The Fountain and The Butterfly Effect.

Oh!  And I also saw Oblivion.  I'm not usually a Tom Cruise fan but he wasn't too bad in this.  I really did enjoy the movie.

I tried watching the first episode and didn't get through it. Just wasn't holding my attention.

Reminded me of Smallville as far as production and "feel" of the show. I was hoping for a grittier, more realistic vibe that recent comic book movies have had.

This comment confuses the shit out of me! The tone is on the negative side in regards to agents but I absolutely loved Smallville. Was my #1 TV show until Breaking Bad knocked it down to #2.

Anyone else trying to do 31 Horror movies in October? So far I've watched:

Halloween III: Season of the Witch (Odd, not great but more boring than bad, wish they stuck with unrelated non-Michael Meyers sequels)

A Nightmare on Elm Street (Classic, doesn't hold up great, but I'll always love it)

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (Terrible. Awful. I hated it. Some weird homosexual subtext that I found problematic)

The Wolfman (OG Universal Monsters one, not the remake. Interesting but I wasn't crazy about it)

Anyone else trying to do 31 Horror movies in October? So far I've watched:

That's a great idea!  I might have to try and play catchup and partake!

Watched World War Z and Pacific Rim last night.  I enjoyed them both more than I thought I would, but I doubt I'd watch either a second time.

For horror movies I've watched in October so far:

Halloween: A classic, picked up the 35th anniversary bluray on Tuesday and kicked off October with it.

Room 237: Documentary about Kubrick's The Shining, very interesting to see things pointed out about the movie, but at the same time pretty boring.

House: One of my favorites to watch in October, very cheesy, but it's a B movie. It's on Netflix and I recommend it.

I was a fan of this movie and I think I heard that they are working on a sequel. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

There have been rumors. I know there's been a huge push from fans of the movie for people to go out and buy the bluray to show the studio that there's a fanbase for it. I hope it happens because Dredd owned so hard.

Halloween III was just weird and slow. Like, a ton of crazy shit happens but it's still somehow completely boring. I really wish they'd stuck with the idea of turning Halloween into an anthology because most of the Michael Meyers sequels are terrible. It'd be interesting to see what kind of stories would have gotten made. 

Watching Room 237. Just finished first part.

I'm going to keep going, but this seems to be reeeeeeally stretching for symbolism in the movie. Dude sees a can of baking soda with an Indian on it in the pantry, there's some pictures of famous Indians on the wall (in a very rustic hotel), and makes the claim that the movie is symbolic of white people taking America away from Indians? That's crazy. Maybe Kubrick was empathetic to Indians or something like that and put them prominently in his film, but to claim that the movie is symbolism of their plight based on that evidence is ludicrous.

Hope the next few interviews are better...

Gave up Room 237. Might as well look for Nazi symbolism in "Mean Girls". Feel like it would make just as much sense.

I'd be pissed if I paid $10 for this. At least it was just a wasted half hour on netflix (I should have spent on Doctor Who).

The only thing in Room 237 that really stuck out to me was the breakdown of Danny's trike paths, cause I never paid attention to the background in those scenes.

Kings of Summer was better and much funnier than I expected, very much a recommendation. 

I liked it quite a bit too, I second the recommendation.

I watched the two Josh Radnor movies that were mentioned earlier in the thread.  I liked Liberal Arts better overall, but I thought they were both worth the time to watch.