Recently Viewing

Probably a top 5 show for me. First couple seasons were awesome. Love that Joss Whedon wit. You totally understand where cabin in the woods came from if you've watched Buffy. Angel just as good. I think Angel really closed well. My favorite over the years probably depends on what show they have Spike on.

It kinda jumped the shark a bit around season 5 w/ Glory. Seems like a common thing for a show based on high school when the characters all graduate. Good all the way through though.

Probably a top 5 show for me. First couple seasons were awesome. Love that Joss Whedon wit. You totally understand where cabin in the woods came from if you've watched Buffy. Angel just as good. I think Angel really closed well. My favorite over the years probably depends on what show they have Spike on.

It kinda jumped the shark a bit around season 5 w/ Glory. Seems like a common thing for a show based on high school when the characters all graduate. Good all the way through though.

I was wondering if the comics were worth looking into.  I think that'll be something I start on once I'm done with Angel.

The post school seasons were my least favorite out of them.  I liked the balance of school stuff + slayer stuff a lot, especially her first year in college.  I enjoyed Glory as a villain quite a bit, but I agree that season is kind of where the show started to be grasping (especially the way Dawn came to be).

Finally saw gravity. Cinematically it was gorgeous. Its interesting seeing a movie with one or two actors the entire time. Sometimes it works like here, sometimes it doesnt. Dont know if i would have to see the movie ever again.

After watched the sessions. John hawkes and helen hunt both did a great job. Quirky and funny. Helen hunt had ALOT of plastic surgery done. Doesnt look like her at all.

Scanners - Finally sat and watched this flick the other night. Not sure why I'd never gotten a chance before. I love David Cronenberg and while the movie was decent, the acting throughout is pretty awful. Some really great gore effects make up for that though.

Grand Hotel Budapest - Really different that I was expecting. Pretty amazing visuals, color palette, and character work from all involved. The storyline was a lot more involved that previous Anderson movies and a bit more graphic than his previous work. Sex and violence don't usually play into his stories, at least not as overtly as they were shown here. That isn't a criticism necessarily, but it doesn't really do much to advance the story one way or another. Overall I really enjoyed the movie. Glad I got to see it in a theater.

Warehouse 13- Just started watching this show on Netflix. Kinda like Bones, but with supernatural shit. Also, the main guy was on Bones for a bit. For a Sci-Fi series, it's ok but not great.

The original will always be better but I did enjoy the remake for what it was.

Well, it's almost impossible to compare the two, since the first one was so original and inventive and had gained such a cult following over the years. Nobody is ever going to love a movie like they love one that spent 15+ years being spread around by word of mouth and people having VHS bootlegs and so on...it is THE cult horror movie. You can't just "remake" that.

Her - It was good, but I wasn't blown away by it.  I'm not sure if I had my expectations too high, if I wasn't in the right mood for it or maybe it just wasn't for me.  Everything about it was well done, but I didn't really get attached to any of the characters (so there was no real impact toward the end).  I'm going to give it another go and see if I like it more after a second viewing.

Borgman - I really dug it.  It's something I had to let simmer in my brain for a bit before I started to really appreciate it though.  The first five minutes are really riveting and then it slows to a crawl for the rest of the movie, which threw me off.  I think the pacing could have been a tad faster, but that's my only real complaint.  If you like eerie surreal movies, you might dig it (some of it felt like it would fit nicely in a Lynch movie).

Amazing spiderman 2. Ehhh. Emma stone is the reason i seen both.

Yeah an IMDB 7.6 isn't very good for a superhero movie on its opening weekend. The ratings always come down from there.

Was debating seeing that or Cap cause I have the day off and the weather is shitty. Looks like it will be Captain America for me.