Recently Viewing

Somehow I've overlooked this thread. I usually go to 2-4 movies a week. Some thoughts on a few I've seen mentioned in the past few pages.

Prisoners was absolutely excellent. The World's End was great, and Don Jon was very disappointing. I really enjoyed the new Hobbit movie, Wolf of Wall Street and American Hustle. I'll make sure to check into this thread more often.

Orange is the new black was awesome.

I'd recommend "Warrior" if it is still streaming. Might be more of a guy flick but I'd probably put it in my top-10 movies list.

Warrior is a great film! And I don't really care for sport movies too much.

Finally got around to watching Big Trouble in Little China.  Super ridiculous.  And man is Kurt Russell a babe.

The True Detective premiere was pretty impressive. I like how it's going for its own tone instead of just copying a Twin Peaks or David Fincher vibe that most shows like this seem to do.

I don't know how original I would call the tone, but I really did like it, I thought Mcconaughey's performance was really good. I'm excited to see where the series goes.

Watched Toad Road the other night. A little disappointing. I feel like they could've done sooooo much more with it. Instead it just ended up being a 75 minute film about people doing drugs. It felt like it didn't really go anywhere. And I mean... I'm all for ambiguous endings, but it's the story that disappointed me the most.

There is something about this that makes me want to see it (even though I'm pretty sure it's horrible):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364376/?ref_=nv_sr_1

You should absolutely watch it. It is horrible, but also awesome. Gary Busey as a talking, murderous gingerbread man. It's on par with Santa's Slay.

Today I went to see Dallas Buyers Club and was really surprised by how great it was. I guess I went in without expecting much. The only thing I didn't like about it was that towards the end it started to feel like a very long movie and lost some momentum.

Watched two flicks with the lady on saturday.

Texas chainsaw from last year. Boy was this bad. Safe to say i could have filled the plot holes better than these paid writers do.

Hansel & Gretel: Witch hunters. Some people said this movie was fun. I could not get into it. Thought i would enjoy the camp but far from did.

Maron: burned through the entire first season quickly. I really enjoy wtf and some of this stuff translated super well. Some episodes were decent and some were great. Looking forward to season 2.

Just watched You're Next and really liked it.  It's a nice twist on slasher movies and it was well executed.  I haven't seen a movie that I had so much fun watching in a while.  As a nerd bonus, Ti West and Joe Swanberg are both in it.

Other things I watched this week : The Departed, Bad Grandpa, Blue Jasmine, Sunshine, In A World, Hesher

Just watched You're Next and really liked it. It's a nice twist on slasher movies and it was well executed. I haven't seen a movie that I had so much fun watching in a while. As a nerd bonus, Ti West and Joe Swanberg are both in it.

Other things I watched this week : The Departed, Bad Grandpa, Blue Jasmine, Sunshine, In A World, Hesher

I watched Hesher as well and I'm sort of surprised that it got so much hate. I actually enjoyed it. How was blue jasmine? I really wanted to see that.

I watched Her last night and it was phenomenal. I second that If they released a soundtrack I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Watched two flicks with the lady on saturday.

Texas chainsaw from last year. Boy was this bad. Safe to say i could have filled the plot holes better than these paid writers do.

Hansel & Gretel: Witch hunters. Some people said this movie was fun. I could not get into it. Thought i would enjoy the camp but far from did.

Maron: burned through the entire first season quickly. I really enjoy wtf and some of this stuff translated super well. Some episodes were decent and some were great. Looking forward to season 2.

Texas Chainsaw was just awful.

I really dug Hansel & Gretel.  There's currently a sequel in the works.