Recently Viewing

I really liked Blue Jasmine, I didn't expect anything out of it, going into it, and it has some really great performances in it.

I definitely feel like the performances are what made the film, they're pretty strong all around.  I liked it and would recommend it.

Edit : Downloading All The Boys Love Mandy Lane right now, I'll try and get to it this week.  Thanks for the recommendation!

been away from this thread for a while. so recently watched...

american hustle - absolutely loved it. in my top few of 2013 for sure.

prince avalanche - beautiful film - didn't enjoy it while i was watching it, but realized i liked it in retrospect. i have a theory about what it all meant.

drinking buddies - like the cast, beer, chicago, and the premise. But this movie was awful.

our idiot brother - thought it would be awful, but the cast carried it enough to make it entertaining and it was good to see paul rudd play a strange character

Downloading All The Boys Love Mandy Lane right now, I'll try and get to it this week. Thanks for the recommendation!

You won't be disappointed! I think it was finally able to get a proper release because the director, Jonathane Levine, has become quite popular since it was made. He's the same director who did The Wackness, 50/50, and Warm Bodies.

Watched

Girl Most Likely last night and it was abysmal...one of the worst movies I have ever seen

Frozen River - which was extremely depressing but a pretty good movie

Amour - One of the most real love movies I have ever seen...just brilliant

The Maid - It was alright..I don't know why but I like the idea of Sabastian Silva flicks more than the actual movies

Crystal Fairy - It was alright...kind of annoying but Gabby Hoffman was awesome

Elysium  - Fun and looked great, but I don't think I'll ever watch it again

Paradise - Just a boring boring and sad film

Motel Hell - Fucking Brilliant

Mark of the Devil - Insane but fun as hell

The Way Way Back - I detested the kid in this movie...he ruined it for me...the rest was meh

The Wolf of Wall Street - Best movie of 2013 and has become my favorite scorsese flick

I've had this on my computer since it came out, but never seem to be in the mood for it.  I've heard it's fantastic.

It is a great movie man, really sad, but realistic and true...which is how I like my movies...haha

Also, just watched Earthlings thanks to the dudes in the vegetarian/vegan thread...I have to say it was the most disturbing film i've ever seen. Way more than Salo, Serbian Film or Martyrs...at least for me

I don't know if it can be in the same category as those other films since it is a documentary but I have never been more disturbed in my entire life...just destroyed my day

I highly recommend seeing it though

So netflix sent me a cracked and unplayable copy of pain and gain yesterday so had to watch something else.

The last stand: was looking for a mindless action movie and i got it. Problem was the acting, script, plot, moment i started to the moment it ended was bad. You can tell all the actors had no desire to be there and were collecting a check.

I need to see something good and soon.