On 6/5/2016 at 5:31 PM, Dave Grohl said:

Just hoping on what you're saying. Bruce, the way I see it is that calling people names doesn't educate anyone. If anything, it just damages the viewpoint. Calling people out is different from calling someone names. Anyone can call anyone a moron. But explaining your viewpoint could perhaps open their eyes, educate them to a new viewpoint, a new side of things. You're more likely to educate through a legitimate discussion opposed to being an asshole. Sure, spice up your diction and be a smart ass about it, but don't be an asshole. If anything you're just digging yourself in a hole and having the person associate your viewpoint with that of being an asshole. You just burned another bridge. 

I understand people's stupidity can be infuriating, but at one point you didn't know either. So don't be an arrogant dick. Just be like 'I hear ya, but try to look at it this way...'. Not only do you have a chance of educating someone, but you gain a new viewpoint yourself. 

I've just become super worn out and jaded lately from discussing politics the last year. I've always shot from the hip and been reactionary but my fuse has been almost nonexistent recently. I'm just going to resign myself from political talk. I see and hear things every day that just suck the hole out of me. I've passionately argued in favor of socialized healthcare for over a decade now so that was just my last straw. That dude's libertarian views on the subject would have just driven me to rage had I made any argument.

Ditto

On my next day off I'll probably get high and go see Popstar by myself. I fucking love The Lonely Island.

Told that to my coworkers and they were all like "OMG why won't your girlfriend go with you?! I'll go with with you!" and I had to explain that I enjoy going to the movies by myself. My girlfriend and I might double feature the Independence Day and Conjuring sequels later this month. That'll be a whole day thing, it'll be nice to have a quiet afternoon where I grab some lunch and catch a movie by myself.

6 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I still don't see it because his words make me go blind with impotent internet rage. Between him and the Stanford rapist swimmer dude and his dad I just shouldn't even be on the internet today.

OMG I KNOW that story is everywhere too; all over the news on tv and whatnot. it enrages me over and over again each time i hear about it

32 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Ditto

On my next day off I'll probably get high and go see Popstar by myself. I fucking love The Lonely Island.

Told that to my coworkers and they were all like "OMG why won't your girlfriend go with you?! I'll go with with you!" and I had to explain that I enjoy going to the movies by myself. My girlfriend and I might double feature the Independence Day and Conjuring sequels later this month. That'll be a whole day thing, it'll be nice to have a quiet afternoon where I grab some lunch and catch a movie by myself.

I love everything about this post. That movie looks fucking hilarious.

A week after sending money to user Neee... he decided he couldn't part with the fucking record that he posted up in his thread for $50. I think i'm done buying from people here, which sucks, because I love deals and and working with some great people here. But that dude is a piece of shit.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic