just read this - The Strokes' Albert Hammond Jr: 'My bandmates were concerned that I'd kill myself'

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/nme/73185#QeqcBcB1Buh1MmzA.99

how vivid is this paragraph? terrifying:

"'I wasn’t going to kill myself on purpose, but you reach a point where you really just don’t see it and you just don’t care,' he added.

'It could have happened so easily so many times. I don’t even know how I kept on waking up. First you are at least measuring it. But by the end you are so shaky you are just mixing and pouring and sometimes you feel it. You push it in and you know it is too much and then your body goes into some kind of shake and you get extreme fear, like, 'That’s it, I have done it, I have done too much. I am going to fall down.'"

That's when an intervention and serious help is needed. That's not good at all.

As for artists that unfortunately are dead, I've been on a Nirvana kick all morning. Listened to my 3xLP and then watched some of the Live And Loud DVD on Youtube. Probably gonna pick that up down the road. They're the only band that I will pick up multiple live DVD's for.

On another note, the Brooklyn Columbus Day Parade is going on down at the corner of my block. I love the Italian heritage in my neighborhood (for better or for worse and thankfully its not 1989 anymore) but this parade and holiday will always be bullshit. An Italian explorer who didn't even sail for Italy and didn't discover new land because there were already people living in the Bahamas...which is where he landed.

Of course I was typing this and the mayoral candidate I want to vote for spoke. Ran out to hear him speak. I don't think he will win as many votes in this neighborhood....

just read this - The Strokes' Albert Hammond Jr: 'My bandmates were concerned that I'd kill myself'

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/nme/73185#QeqcBcB1Buh1MmzA.99

how vivid is this paragraph? terrifying:

"'I wasn’t going to kill myself on purpose, but you reach a point where you really just don’t see it and you just don’t care,' he added.

'It could have happened so easily so many times. I don’t even know how I kept on waking up. First you are at least measuring it. But by the end you are so shaky you are just mixing and pouring and sometimes you feel it. You push it in and you know it is too much and then your body goes into some kind of shake and you get extreme fear, like, 'That’s it, I have done it, I have done too much. I am going to fall down.'"

yep. thats pretty much spot on. the fact of knowing that feel is haunting in itself, whats better is i made it out alive.

saw twin forks (fo free) last night. show ruled. met chris before the show, we talked about tattoos and what not. He really liked one of mine and took a picture of it, which I thought was really cool. also told him i write for modern-vinyl and he told me he loved the site and hopefully will give their full length a good review. 

I started sorting through my 7" collection today. It's getting big enough that I want to alphabetize it to make it easier to find things. I don't really know where to put some of the split singles though.

How do you (or do you?) sort your 7"s?

A-z then with splits I consider them "various artists" so I put them shits in the V section

I started sorting through my 7" collection today. It's getting big enough that I want to alphabetize it to make it easier to find things. I don't really know where to put some of the split singles though. 

How do you (or do you?) sort your 7"s?

i have a section for 7" splits and usually whatever one is first

This isn't tumblr, stop posting shit like this. No one here appreciates it.

I am so glad you said this.

saw twin forks (fo free) last night. show ruled. met chris before the show, we talked about tattoos and what not. He really liked one of mine and took a picture of it, which I thought was really cool. also told him i write for modern-vinyl and he told me he loved the site and hopefully will give their full length a good review. 

That is a really cool interaction!  He seems like an awesome dude.

when is that coming out?

I am so glad you said this.

That is a really cool interaction! He seems like an awesome dude.

He was a really genuine dude. Like he went down the entire line and thanked everyone for coming ( there was only about 10 of us at the time.) and we chatted about Vacant Andy's and Austin and shit. He took some photos with us and then played a really kick ass show. Also, the opener matrimony was killer.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic