http://dangerousminds.net/comments/that_mythical_mc5_documentary_youve_all_been_waiting_to_see

MC5 doc. It's 2 hours long, but it has some incredible live footage. They had to be one of the sickest bands to see live ever. I mean, when At the Drive In and Refused are copping your moves...

I have an acquaintance that grew up near the Grande Ballroom. His cousin worked there, and he has a shitload of amazing handbills and posters from shows there. I guess he got rid of a lot of them at a bookstore years ago, but I've seen a small chunk of what he has left. Silkscreened art by Gary Grimshaw and Carl Lundgren. That old psychedelic style. He recently told me he was going to ebay them and I practically begged him to let me pick through them first. A lot of those are worth a bunch of money. I want some Stooges/MC5 art on my wall.

Another guy I know that grew up in Ann Arbor invited me over to buy a bunch of his records so he wouldn't have to move them. He sold me a lot of great stuff, but couldn't bear to part with all of his first presses of all that awesome 60s/70s Detroit rock and roll. I was kind of bummed, but those were the anthems of his youth. Can't blame the guy. I did get a bunch of early Thin Lizzy and Roxy Music and stuff for cheap.

I live in kind of a small place and I work in a very public venue, so word gets around I'm this huge record dork and everyone has something to sell me. Every once in a while I find something cool, but usually it's people that want me to buy their copy of Freeze Frame for $25. That guy with all the Stooges and MC5 and Rationals records had me foaming at the mouth, though.

Last year for Halloween and bunch of folks put together a sick cover show that was some band I didn't know, The Dickies (fronted by Rev. Norb of Boris the Sprinkler!), MC5, and The Stooges. All of them completely nailed it as far as what I've seen of footage from the respective bands. It was super cool.

Saw Yellow Ostrich last night at the Uber Elitist local liberal arts college, frequently referred to as 'lil Harvard.  Not a huge fan of Yellow Ostrich but being in my neck of the woods figured I had to go.

Super excited about William Elliot Witmore coming to Neenah WI in December for a domestic abuse shelter benefit. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic