So. It's been a craptacular few days with mom being in the hospital, taking care of the ailing puppy, work being frutrating, and some more personal matters to add insult to injury. BUT. There are moments when my being a dude with simple tastes, gets a smile on their face. This was just now rolling into one of the shops in my territory and seeing THE BATMOBILE!

D4D05781-2252-4C33-9B0A-D9EDD581AA9B.jpg

D695F514-E461-4112-8E0C-2BA514205CBB.jpg

9BE689CB-2966-40BB-8F0B-52CF7FCAF605.jpg

F079B708-1401-41C1-9BAF-5B15D0B4A684.jpg

4AFC7EF7-B613-46AA-A411-F29C181384D6.jpg

Completely built from the ground up using the specs of the originals from '66. The attention to detail on this thing is insane. Everything is on point even down to the accurate Batphone. The thing even shoots flames from the rear! (Didn't get a pic of that)

So yeah...at least my day wasn't complete 100% shit.

Carry on.

I don't think I have any LPs on the way except for the new press of Sleep's Holy Mountain. I have no idea when that's going to show up though.

Just checked in the stoner/doom thread, and someone said their scheduled release date is April 13 now (from the Earache website.) :)

Also.

I have some good stuff on the way!

Aforementioned Holy Mountain repress (green/green splatter)

TGUK - Two EPs: Red Letter Day and Woodson (comp. bootleg) (from Europe)

Hot Rod Circuit - If It's Cool With You, It's Cool With Me (green) (from Europe)

Knapsack - Silver Sweepstakes (In May :( ) (whatever color it was, like purple splatter or something) (from Europe)

The Good Life - those three album reissues and the 2 demos (records later this month!)

Got a fairly spendy LP in the mail on Monday that was described as being in 'excellent' condition.  It was packaged well, but not great.  Didn't appear to be any real damage to the mailer.  Open it up and there's a noticeable amount of corner wear.  Obvious enough that it came to my attention even though I wasn't really looking for it.  Not enough to care.  Anyway, I put on the first disc and it's kind of noisy.  More so on the first few songs on each side, but some pops and noise here and there.  The second disc has a plenty of surface noise throughout the whole thing.  It's a quiet record, so it's even more obvious that it's there.

Anyway, the eBay seller tells me that the LP has surface noise because it's colored vinyl and that's the way it came.  Which is possible, it may have showed up sounding like garbage, I don't know.  I'm returning it and getting my money back, so I don't care that much.  But it's ridiculous to me that it was described in excellent condition when it clearly was not (and he argued with me that it was in the condition he said it was in).  First eBay experience that's been bad in a while and I think I'm more annoyed by the fact that he's trying to defend his poor description of the item more than anything else.  I hope he spends a lot of time listing this only to get it send back.

I was doing good on not buying records for a while.  That seemed to end last week.  Picked up Pre-Order bundle.  The picked up a few more at the gohastings sale.  Then ordered the Ben Caplan record I've been putting off.

Now today I broke down and picked up Suitcase Junkets two albums.  Only heard about him yesterday but immediately needed to own as much of his music as possible.

i tried so hard not to order records but 2015 is kicking my ass

waiting on:

cartel - chroma (for the boyfriend)

daisyhead - the smallest light (delivered to my parents house, waiting to pick it up)

death cab - kintsugi

early november - imbue lp

early november - imbue cassette

early november - digital age 7"

hidden in plain view - animal 7"

hotelier - it never goes out

the maine - american candy

i hate records

i tried so hard not to order records but 2015 is kicking my ass

waiting on:

cartel - chroma (for the boyfriend)

daisyhead - the smallest light (delivered to my parents house, waiting to pick it up)

death cab - kintsugi

early november - imbue lp

early november - imbue cassette

early november - digital age 7"

hidden in plain view - animal 7"

hotelier - it never goes out

the maine - american candy

i hate records

Yeah...2015 is going to be a spendy year for me as far as records...

I've got my list going of things I "must" have...it gets longer by the minute, it seems.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic