the foot of snow that covered the entire backyard behind my apartment melted and refroze and now it's a solid sheet of ice. kinda tempted to go grab some skates and try it out. 

Haha, you should! 

the first snow that stuck here came while I was in VT. It melted and then refroze. Now my driveway is just ice. I haven't received mail in 2 days because I think the postman is afraid to walk up my drive to drop a package. :(

Haha, you should! 

the first snow that stuck here came while I was in VT. It melted and then refroze. Now my driveway is just ice. I haven't received mail in 2 days because I think the postman is afraid to walk up my drive to drop a package. :(

oh nooo!! package deprivation is the worst!

people in my neighborhood are terrible at salting or shoveling, so there's been lots of black ice on the sidewalks. if i can deal with that shit every day, your mail man can. grow some balls, dude. or get some cleats. either or.

I have two packages coming. I know that if the Rhiannon Giddens doesn't come in today, that something is up. tomorrow is Silversun Pickups.

(Link provided for those of you who like (attractive) soulfull women folk singers! No link for SPU, because I don't care if you don't know how to Google!)

Also I omitted like 3 commas because it seemed excessive despite the fact I used 4 adjectives to describe singers.

Edit: When you isolate the phrase "I have two packages coming." in a perverse context it really makes me sound like a whore or a 69ing gay man. I am neither just to clarify.

So. In further cementing my misanthropy pure this went down during my lunch hour.

My work territory that I cover includes an area named Pompano Beach. It does get sketchy in some parts but nothing crazy. I stopped in to have lunch at Pollo Tropical, which is a Caribbean/Latino place for anyone who may not of them. I'm having lunch with a friend that I ran into there and we were sitting at a table close to the window so we're essentially watching the front entrance and foot traffic from the parking lot. We suddenly hear some shouting and just overall loud talking. We look out as we see this homeless man, who has been standing there for some time now asking for change from any passerby, and see that these three white trash-looking guys in their late teens, are harassing this man. They're not putting their hands on in or anything but verbally berating him. Saying shit like "leave here now!" and calling him garbage.

My friend and I just look at each other in disbelief that this is happening right in front of us. Without even saying anything, we both get up and walk out and confront these punks. They start getting mouthy and loud on us since they "outnumber" us and they're being all tough. We proceed to start yelling shit at them in Spanish cuz why not. As if on cue, two sherrif's officers show up. (There's a station close by and there are cops usually around the area anyways). Immediately these three idiots freeze and now have nothing to say. The two cops bitch them out and they run off.

The homeless guy was in tears. We stood around there with the cops for a few minutes to talk to him and make sure he was OK. He was rattled and freaked out but he expressed that he was more shocked that some random strangers jumped in to diffuse the situation. The cops offered to buy us lunch but we told them to buy the guy lunch instead as it he needs it more than we do.

Seeing all of this take place esp. at the start of it is what makes me despise the world and people. It frustrates me to no end that while I try to be a proper person and do what's right, there are still those who are just shit and scumbags. It's the way of the world I guess, and that's a sad reality.

My apologies if this got too long-winded.

So I shipped a record to a dude like 5 weeks ago. Yesterday I got it back as return to sender. I email/Discogs the guy... Apparently he's out on deployment and his girlfriend didn't pick up the package.

Then he asks me to ship it out again. I asked for more money, if I don't get it I think I'll just have to cut my losses and refund him.

So. In further cementing my misanthropy pure this went down during my lunch hour.

My work territory that I cover includes an area named Pompano Beach. It does get sketchy in some parts but nothing crazy. I stopped in to have lunch at Pollo Tropical, which is a Caribbean/Latino place for anyone who may not of them. I'm having lunch with a friend that I ran into there and we were sitting at a table close to the window so we're essentially watching the front entrance and foot traffic from the parking lot. We suddenly hear some shouting and just overall loud talking. We look out as we see this homeless man, who has been standing there for some time now asking for change from any passerby, and see that these three white trash-looking guys in their late teens, are harassing this man. They're not putting their hands on in or anything but verbally berating him. Saying shit like "leave here now!" and calling him garbage.

My friend and I just look at each other in disbelief that this is happening right in front of us. Without even saying anything, we both get up and walk out and confront these punks. They start getting mouthy and loud on us since they "outnumber" us and they're being all tough. We proceed to start yelling shit at them in Spanish cuz why not. As if on cue, two sherrif's officers show up. (There's a station close by and there are cops usually around the area anyways). Immediately these three idiots freeze and now have nothing to say. The two cops bitch them out and they run off.

The homeless guy was in tears. We stood around there with the cops for a few minutes to talk to him and make sure he was OK. He was rattled and freaked out but he expressed that he was more shocked that some random strangers jumped in to diffuse the situation. The cops offered to buy us lunch but we told them to buy the guy lunch instead as it he needs it more than we do.

Seeing all of this take place esp. at the start of it is what makes me despise the world and people. It frustrates me to no end that while I try to be a proper person and do what's right, there are still those who are just shit and scumbags. It's the way of the world I guess, and that's a sad reality.

My apologies if this got too long-winded.

I generally despise the world/people/everything too... but thankfully theres good folk like you to combat the bad. Like the old saying goes, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

There will always be scum in this world, but thankfully there will always be upstanding people as well.

So I shipped a record to a dude like 5 weeks ago. Yesterday I got it back as return to sender. I email/Discogs the guy... Apparently he's out on deployment and his girlfriend didn't pick up the package.

Then he asks me to ship it out again. I asked for more money, if I don't get it I think I'll just have to cut my losses and refund him.

Ask for his girlfriends address

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic