i've been going back and forth with my tattoo artist for 2 months trying to book my next tattoo appointment. it's driving my crazy. i finally settled on a date and then turned out it wasn't available. then picked another and just realized it's my good friend's birthday. picked another one and he's not working. i really don't know why this is so difficult :(

i've been going back and forth with my tattoo artist for 2 months trying to book my next tattoo appointment. it's driving my crazy. i finally settled on a date and then turned out it wasn't available. then picked another and just realized it's my good friend's birthday. picked another one and he's not working. i really don't know why this is so difficult :(

I'm sorry for your "sorrow"

I still need to find an artist for mine. I've been slacking.

yeah. that's the hard part. i have a few other things i want to get done at some point, but they definitely don't really fit with my other artist's style. his work is crazy and amazing and unique, but doesn't really work for everything. maybe i'll see if he has any artist recommendations for black and gray portrait work. i also kind of want to get something done when i go out to australia in march. i know i've seen some incredible artists out there. just need to not slack and start researching ASAP.

yeah. that's the hard part. i have a few other things i want to get done at some point, but they definitely don't really fit with my other artist's style. his work is crazy and amazing and unique, but doesn't really work for everything. maybe i'll see if he has any artist recommendations for black and gray portrait work. i also kind of want to get something done when i go out to australia in march. i know i've seen some incredible artists out there. just need to not slack and start researching ASAP.

I've gotten so many suggestions from friends on places they go, and I just have no clue. I just need to go and check some places out. My first two tattoos are simple, so don't need anyone fancy. Just getting the 52 Weeks cover and a triangle above my elbow (a la Portugal The Man People Say video). Two simple ones to show my favorite bands without them being actual band tattoos.

I've gotten so many suggestions from friends on places they go, and I just have no clue. I just need to go and check some places out. My first two tattoos are simple, so don't need anyone fancy. Just getting the 52 Weeks cover and a triangle above my elbow (a la Portugal The Man People Say video). Two simple ones to show my favorite bands without them being actual band tattoos.

You should still go to someone "fancy." Even simple tattoos look way better when they're done by someone who really knows their craft.

Don't get something you'll immediately regret!

oh rad! yeah. simple stuff shouldn't be too difficult. just check out the places, peep their instagrams, read a yelp review or two. if your friends have good work, their recommendations are probably on point for local shops. 

i dig subtle band-related tattoos. the next one i'm getting is a custom band-inspired piece as well.

oh rad! yeah. simple stuff shouldn't be too difficult. just check out the places, peep their instagrams, read a yelp review or two. if your friends have good work, their recommendations are probably on point for local shops. 

i dig subtle band-related tattoos. the next one i'm getting is a custom band-inspired piece as well.

Same. I have so many idea for after, but need those simple ones done first. Left arm will be for random pieces, like those and right arm is going to be a themed sleeve at one point. I want to implement a few of my favorite artists works into something too, would love some Audrey Kawasaki pieces, but I always feel odd about people getting an art piece done.

Same. I have so many idea for after, but need those simple ones done first. Left arm will be for random pieces, like those and right arm is going to be a themed sleeve at one point. I want to implement a few of my favorite artists works into something too, would love some Audrey Kawasaki pieces, but I always feel odd about people getting an art piece done.

2016..I must get at least 1 new tattoo. At least one. And go to Orlando and finish my right arm. Goals.

i got a bunch of simpler ones back in college and now i'm ready for all the big custom work ;) 

oooh an audrey kawasaki piece would be rad. i've seen some really incredible art pieces turned into tattoos that look absolutely amazing. i know i've seen a couple Alphonse Mucha tattoos that my artist did that looked came out really nice.

2016..I must get at least 1 new tattoo. At least one. And go to Orlando and finish my right arm. Goals.

Same. I have to get at least those two. If I don't get the 52 Weeks one before I move/visit out there, we'll go get it.

i got a bunch of simpler ones back in college and now i'm ready for all the big custom work ;)

oooh an audrey kawasaki piece would be rad. i've seen some really incredible art pieces turned into tattoos that look absolutely amazing. i know i've seen a couple Alphonse Mucha tattoos that my artist did that looked came out really nice.

My favorite artist in the world, just love her work. I really want "My Dishonest Heart" on my forearm. My friend and I started to add some stuff to it before he left, and I was going to use that as a template for the artist. Such an amazing art piece. I wish I could afford an actually copy of it.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic