Now that is even beyond Oldam

they are an interesting band to say the least, always keeps my attention. The new ep is kind of a different sound, but the song I heard was pretty great. Comes out next week, they are almost too prolific. When they announced their release schedule this year (like 5 12" eps and 3 7") they said "this year we are trying to push poor people out of our demographic, we hate poor people" lol

If any of you skate, you know what a huge deal this is:

That was a fucking good watch! Hell of a gap to land for sure, I think every old injury I got skating as a teenager hurts from seeing those falls. That wheel ripping off was the craziest shit I have ever seen though!

Saw this on their IG this morning and my jaw dropped. Absolutely insane haha. I still get weird nightmares of anytime I've broken a bone skating/snowboarding, and I can't believe he just kept going for it.

I skated/snowboarded/bmxed my entire life, and somehow never broke a bone. I was dumb too, ollying huge sets of stairs, jumping off high shit, spinning and flipping like crazy on my snowboard. It's insane I never seriously hurt myself. The worst that happened was a sprained wrist, and that was from hitting a root in a jump snowboarding. I miss doing all that, and I'm sure if I tried now I'd seriously hurt myself.

I skated/snowboarded/bmxed my entire life, and somehow never broke a bone. I was dumb too, ollying huge sets of stairs, jumping off high shit, spinning and flipping like crazy on my snowboard. It's insane I never seriously hurt myself. The worst that happened was a sprained wrist, and that was from hitting a root in a jump snowboarding. I miss doing all that, and I'm sure if I tried now I'd seriously hurt myself.

I think you should still go out and do it all, but just calm down a little - it sounds like you had a hell of a time with it!

Maybe I'm just unlucky haha. I never did anything too nuts, but ended up breaking a wrist, spraining and then eventually shattering 3 bones in one ankle, and dislocating a shoulder. Mostly I just cruise around town now because I'm too freaked out to turn into more of a robot haha.

Ouch, that does sound like some bad luck.

I have not been on a snowboard in 10+ years, so I'm sure that'd be bad. I still cruise on my skateboard sometimes, but I have not ollied or anything like that in a long time.

I think you should still go out and do it all, but just calm down a little - it sounds like you had a hell of a time with it!

Maybe I'm just unlucky haha. I never did anything too nuts, but ended up breaking a wrist, spraining and then eventually shattering 3 bones in one ankle, and dislocating a shoulder. Mostly I just cruise around town now because I'm too freaked out to turn into more of a robot haha.

I can't ride a skateboard and have never done anything similar with snow since I am in Phoenix. I have no sense of balance though and would probably kill myself. I have done some pretty dumbass stuff on my bike though. I usually go out at night if the weather is decent. I don't go on any ramps or skate park type stuff but I have done some really stupid stuff. Worst injury I have ever had was in 6th grade when I fell and split my chin open. I had to get like 30 stitches total and it was so deep that only like 9 of those were external. The seam that it split on still has a bit of a scar and I don't really have any feeling in it. 

Saw this on their IG this morning and my jaw dropped. Absolutely insane haha. I still get weird nightmares of anytime I've broken a bone skating/snowboarding, and I can't believe he just kept going for it.

It's 20 years in the making. Jaws is all around insane. That dude hucks himself down more shit than anyone in the sport. I've been skating for 15 years and that is one of the most impressive things I have every seen.

It's 20 years in the making. Jaws is all around insane. That dude hucks himself down more shit than anyone in the sport. I've been skating for 15 years and that is one of the most impressive things I have every seen.

Jamie Thomas attempting the leap of faith is quite impressive too.

That was the last truly impressive stunt that I saw in skateboarding when I was skating.

Though from ig, I am seeing the skate style that I was doing making a comeback of sorts.

What style? Flatland, like Rodney Mullen? Because Rodney Mullen is fucking awesome.

Yes... though I did lots of boneless flips into big drops and such. Things like that.

Haha, nice. I always tried flatland stuff, but could never get it to work well. I could flip to primo/casper/darkslides and such, but never get out of them without looking really sloppy.

Matt, do these Caspian variants go for a lot?

Caspian - Tertia // Bloody Gold Splatter (104)

Caspian - The Four Trees // Half Pilsner Half White (500)

I have both of these. I got the Tertia for like $55ppd. Usually goes for higher. And I got that Four Trees for around $40ppd which seems to be the going rate.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic