It's "over saturated" for many reasons. Comic book movies are easily accessible, relatable, and entertaining (when done right - which is mostly the case these days). Not only that but they are record setters when done right. The new Deadpool movie set two records opening day: the highest Thursday opening for an R-rated film and the highest Thursday opening for a February release. You guys are just haters.

Go count how many came out before 2000, and look what they were... that's the shit we had to deal with. We got TMNT, and that's it. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=comicbookadaptation.htm

I'm all about 'em, being a huge comic book fan. I know John will back me up on this.

Since 2000, there has been an average of 6 super hero movies per year.

There's been about 70 movies in the last 10 years, which is more than the 26 years previous to that.

So I can see how it is over saturated if you're an elitist 15 year old.

BETTER STRAP IN, FUCKERS. IT'S GOING TO BE A BADASS NEXT 5 YEARS!

This is only the beginning:

Batman v. Superman 3/25/16

Captain America: Civil War 5/6/16

X-Men: Apocalypse 5/27/16

Suicide Squad 8/5/16

Gambit 10/7/16

Doctor Strange 11/4/16

Untitled Wolverine 3/3/17

Ghost In The Shell 3/31/17

Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 5/5/17

Wonder Women 6/23/17

Untitled Spider-Man 7/7/17

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets 7/21/17

Thor: Ragnarok 11/3/17

The Justice League Pt. I 11/17/17

Black Panther 2/16/28

The Flash 3/16/18

Avengers: Infinity War Pt. I 5/4/18

Ant-Man and The Wasp 7/6/18

Aquaman 7/27/18

Animated Spider-Man 12/21/18

Captain Marvel 3/8/19

Shazam! 4/5/19

Avengers: Infinity War Pt. II 5/3/19

Justice League Pt. II 6/14/19

Inhumans 7/12/19

Untitled Marvel Movie 5/1/20

Green Lantern Corps 6/19/20

Untitled Marvel Movie 7/10/20

Untitled Marvel Movie 11/6/20

The Amazing Spider-Man 3 TBD

The Amazing Spider-Man 4 TBD

The Fantastic Four 2 TBD *

Sinister Six TBD

Untitled DC Film TBD

*Except Fantastic Four, that thing can be shit on, and lite on fire right now.

Can't see deadpool until tomorrow night. Growing up I was always more of a marvel fan but I enjoy the DC movies better. Nolans batman movies, man of steel were better than any marvel movie made. And I imagine batman vs superman and suicide squad will follow suit. But guardians of the galaxy is the exception. Fucking love that movie. And I do have high hopes for deadpool

Can't see deadpool until tomorrow night. Growing up I was always more of a marvel fan but I enjoy the DC movies better. Nolans batman movies, man of steel were better than any marvel movie made. And I imagine batman vs superman and suicide squad will follow suit. But guardians of the galaxy is the exception. Fucking love that movie. And I do have high hopes for deadpool

As long as you didn't like the shitfest that is Batman And Robin. That's what you get when you don't use source material.

An update from Portland ME:

O'Brother was fucking dope. Played about half the songs on Garden Window, the really good ones from Disillusion, and like two new ones. Average song tempo of about 20bpm, and heavier than a sack of hammers.

Now Defeater is playing, and the Aggressive Displays Of Manliness is about to ensue. Hardcore boys are getting ready to impress Derek with their sweet moves. That's an actual sentence I heard with my real, human ears.

An update from Portland ME:

O'Brother was fucking dope. Played about half the songs on Garden Window, the really good ones from Disillusion, and like two new ones. Average song tempo of about 20bpm, and heavier than a sack of hammers.

Now Defeater is playing, and the Aggressive Displays Of Manliness is about to ensue. Hardcore boys are getting ready to impress Derek with their sweet moves. That's an actual sentence I heard with my real, human ears.

bd226792af32eb29da3998b9f6558a50.jpg

Honestly I don't really care for the DC movies so far (Nolan batman excluded) I'm only invested in the marvel movies.

I think they're all lowest common denominator action films.  Same basic movie, just different characters.  They're all disposable.

Edit : that was more so directed at the Marvel films, but DC would be just as guilty if it weren't for Nolan's trilogy.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic