I'll start thinking of good puns and a nickname for the duo.

My favorite Halloween card I've received had something along the lines of two vampires in a coffin, with the lady vampire asking, "Do you have rigor mortis, or are you just happy to see me?"

Working with 'stiff' just seems too easy.

well. that was a fucking day.

after weeks of speculation, finally got the word that my division of the company is officially being shuttered. never fun spending a day seeing all your friends and coworkers get laid off. not to mention totally heartbreaking to see the amazing website we've worked so hard building up and put so much love and sweat into over the past year and a half all come to a screeching halt and rendered irrelevant in an instant.

fortunately, as i'm under contract and not staff, it looks like i'll get to at least ride out the rest of my contract. although, since the entire department i was working for was eliminated, not a damn clue what i'll be doing for the next few months if they even keep me around that long. 

there were several expensive bottles of champagne consumed earlier as people made final (excellent) use of their corp cards. i've now moved on to drinking hard root beer at home and trying to dance out my feels to the loved ones. 

going into a mostly empty office tomorrow is gonna be awkward and awful and super depressing.

saying "i'm super fucking bummed" doesn't even really begin to sum it up right now.

I'm really sorry to hear this, Lauren. I know I haven't been around that long, but from what I've gathered, you worked your ass off and still maintained a great attitude through it all. And seeing it essentially go to the wayside, for a reason that seems entirely pointless, definitely strikes me as odd.

I hope you and your coworkers make the best of a shitty situation, and find a company or work environment more understanding and appreciative of your efforts. You deserve a hell of a lot better.

To: Blade, Aqua, Shelby.

I'm trying to make a public plea since you all participate in this thread. Can we please discuss whatever the problem is. The Internet is full of hate, there is no need to fill it with more of the same. We can keep spiraling and down voting and taking jabs at each other....or we can try to discuss the problem and move on. I'm not saying at the end of the day we have to be best friends, but can't we at least work to end the nonsense that we are all just spiraling downward with?

I'm trying to make a public plea since you all participate in this thread. Can we please discuss whatever the problem is. The Internet is full of hate, there is no need to fill it with more of the same. We can keep spiraling and down voting and taking jabs at each other....or we can try to discuss the problem and move on. I'm not saying at the end of the day we have to be best friends, but can't we at least work to end the nonsense that we are all just spiraling downward with?

Agua and Shelbs don't talk in here. Agua never had, Shelbs barely ever. I do, however. We're good. I accept and also apologize.

Also, I am Blade. The other user with the same username as me is not.

Ok whichever blade it was. Thanks. Just tired of topics about music derailing about nonsense and trying to right some of the wrong I created. I know Agua doesn't post here much, but he doesn't reply to PMs and figured small talk was the easiest place to post this (a new thread for it would have been troll chaos.)

I'm really sorry to hear this, Lauren. I know I haven't been around that long, but from what I've gathered, you worked your ass off and still maintained a great attitude through it all. And seeing it essentially go to the wayside, for a reason that seems entirely pointless, definitely strikes me as odd.

I hope you and your coworkers make the best of a shitty situation, and find a company or work environment more understanding and appreciative of your efforts. You deserve a hell of a lot better.

thanks, lady.

yeah...it's odd, but sadly that's kinda just how corporate america works. womp womp.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic