Apple store fix your laptop Ashton? Or is your appointment today?

i dont knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww like i knew this was gonna happen.

it was yesterday and the girl who was helping me had like 4 male mac techs crowding around her bc shes hot and distracting her and she set up a new location for the wifi (which i did twice on my own to no avail) and she said there was something wrong with the IP address and it was fixed. i was skeptical bc she never once checked the wifi diagnostics even tho i told her thats where the issue was since wifi connected but internet/server switched between yellow and fail. so i said "what do i do if i go home and it still doesnt work?" and she said to call apple care since its free now instead of going all the way back to the store. so i went home and of course it didnt work. so after i had dinner i was messing around with more troubleshooting threads i found online and there was one part where it was recommended to "renew DCHP lease" and tried that and it seems to be working for now! i'm crossing my fingers that that did the trick.

Damn. It annoys me more when Ben whines about people hating him than anything he actually does. I actually agree with him on a number of fronts.

I don't care what Agua has to say at all because he's a fucking baby, so Ben, neither should you.

Downvotes are stupid to give, but even more stupid to get upset about. "Oh nooooooo! My internet cool guy points!"

Fuck off.

And while I'm at it, a number of small talkers have been getting on my nerves lately. you should probably all know who you are at this point, since I have you blocked and no longer respond to your posts, but I know you're getting on a number of other peoples' nerves too. Chill out with posting 500 times in a row and asking the same questions over and over. And especially...stop "getting so excited" about something...buying it, and then selling it 5 seconds later. This place fucking suuuucks lately.

it was yesterday and the girl who was helping me had like 4 male mac techs crowding around her bc shes hot and distracting her and she set up a new location for the wifi (which i did twice on my own to no avail) and she said there was something wrong with the IP address and it was fixed. i was skeptical bc she never once checked the wifi diagnostics even tho i told her thats where the issue was since wifi connected but internet/server switched between yellow and fail. so i said "what do i do if i go home and it still doesnt work?" and she said to call apple care since its free now instead of going all the way back to the store. so i went home and of course it didnt work. so after i had dinner i was messing around with more troubleshooting threads i found online and there was one part where it was recommended to "renew DCHP lease" and tried that and it seems to be working for now! i'm crossing my fingers that that did the trick.

Haha, at least you seem to have got it working. I forgot to include that with the ip release stuff. I should have thought of it. Glad it's working though.

I don't know the full extent of your issue... but my friend had a some issues with WiFi for some time. Eventually they determined it was the network card, replaced it and it worked fine from then on.

Hopefully the DCHP renew works though

Damn. It annoys me more when Ben whines about people hating him than anything he actually does. I actually agree with him on a number of fronts.

I don't care what Agua has to say at all because he's a fucking baby, so Ben, neither should you.

Downvotes are stupid to give, but even more stupid to get upset about. "Oh nooooooo! My internet cool guy points!"

Fuck off.

And while I'm at it, a number of small talkers have been getting on my nerves lately. you should probably all know who you are at this point, since I have you blocked and no longer respond to your posts, but I know you're getting on a number of other peoples' nerves too. Chill out with posting 500 times in a row and asking the same questions over and over. And especially...stop "getting so excited" about something...buying it, and then selling it 5 seconds later. This place fucking suuuucks lately.

There is always a light. I came to see what happened and there was way too much shit to read so I didn't. If everyone just ignored the other person I think you're talking about it would lose its power and shrivel up, but that's too much to ask.

Fuck off.

Did you hear how the Sabbath reissues sound?

I don't know the full extent of your issue... but my friend had a some issues with WiFi for some time. Eventually they determined it was the network card, replaced it and it worked fine from then on.

Hopefully the DCHP renew works though

would the network card come up as bad during a hardware test? the girl did that yesterday at the apple store and everything came back fine.

Haha, at least you seem to have got it working. I forgot to include that with the ip release stuff. I should have thought of it. Glad it's working though.

i did try it before going to apple, but it didnt work and i forgot about it. so i'm glad i saw it again when i was researching last night. i found some other troubleshooting tools and saved them to try incase it stops working again.

thanks again for your help t3 :)

would the network card come up as bad during a hardware test? the girl did that yesterday at the apple store and everything came back fine.

i did try it before going to apple, but it didnt work and i forgot about it. so i'm glad i saw it again when i was researching last night. i found some other troubleshooting tools and saved them to try incase it stops working again.

thanks again for your help t3 :)

No problem! Glad it's working now.

That's awesome! I work at the Texas Dept of Agriculture as a Financial Analyst, don't know what you're looking for but there are plenty of openings here if you're interested.

I'm in IT, so I'll take a look. Thanks!

Did you hear how the Sabbath reissues sound?

I heard they were pretty similar to the last set of reissues (which I'd heard are actually really nice). Haven't heard any of the bonus stuff yet though! I'm considering grabbing Vol. 4 from this set, since I still somehow don't have a copy yet.

is it inferior to what youre doing now? good luck!!

It's actually better and more money and closer, but I interviewed at another place that is checking my references now and I'm expecting them to offer me a job and that one i'd take. I know what with the job market being the way it is, it's stupid to complain about this stuff. But I've applied to 3 jobs recently, interviewed at all three and pretty sure that 2/3 or 3/3 are gonna offer me a job, and I just have no clue how to handle that.  

Fuck off.

Quoting you since it's the last post regarding this discussion and I missed most of it.

Ben, not everyone is going to like you. If you do things most of the people think are shitty, people will think you're shitty. It doesn't make you objectively shitty per se, but you aren't going to convince the board why you are the exception to the rule. If you think you have sufficient justification for you actions and it's not illegal, that's all up to your morals, just deal with the consequences like a man not a child. I have no beef with you personally, and no inherent issue with selling something for more than you paid (it is all about the circumstances and if you bought something with the intent to resell or what. Lots of factors). Not everyone likes me, but I honestly don't give a fuck. I have met some pretty cool people, we're cool, they like me, and that's enough. You be you, just be ready to deal with the consequences.

It's actually better and more money and closer, but I interviewed at another place that is checking my references now and I'm expecting them to offer me a job and that one i'd take. I know what with the job market being the way it is, it's stupid to complain about this stuff. But I've applied to 3 jobs recently, interviewed at all three and pretty sure that 2/3 or 3/3 are gonna offer me a job, and I just have no clue how to handle that.  

Always nice to be in demand!

thanks guys . your support means a lot <3

i really just need to get out of this city and out of the media industry. i've been saying both of these things for years and i think this is just the last straw. it's now or never. i need to get my shit together and figure out what i'm going to do and where i'm going to go after this. it's a big question and totally overwhelming and terrifying.

i've also pretty much done more or less the same job for 9 years. even though i'm awesome at it, i know it's a dead end and i need to get out. i've know this for a while. but every time i try to figure out what direction to go in, i struggle because i have no idea what else i want to do or what else i can really translate all my skills and talents into. 

Sorry to hear this Lauren.  I've been monitoring your company's situation (Yahoo or Travel, right?), and I can't say I'm surprised.  

I have a coder friend in Seattle.  He loves it.  Just think about all that money you would save by only paying $300 less in rent!

Look at all the young demog tech areas that are popping up.  Decent salaries, and not too big of area populations.  Hell, I've lived in a major college town for almost 8 yrs now, and I can't leave (because this is where a lot of east coast money comes in, most accepting place in my state, biggest lake in the state just south of me, national forest south of me, cost of living isn't high), etc.  Living here, I can travel within 3 hrs to major cities to see, usually, whatever I want for music.  

Plan wisely.  If you've made it in NYC that long, anywhere else shouldn't be too intimidating :P  

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic