10 minutes ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

THE_James_Champ just beat out the pizza maker as my new favorite Small Talker.

He hooked me up with the Gates/Matt Pryor split 7" (Gates tour version)

theatermove.gif

it was my pleasure. ask Juan, I'm like "i'm going to merch to buy a second one of these, I'm pretty sure Snaggle wanted one" lol

I did 4AM-10AM and while it's less sleep than I had been getting I feel more rested than I have in a while. Sleep is weird.  

Okay, first of all HOLYFUCKINGSHIT

Haruhi-3d-render2.png

So not only did I get up and see the preorder for this was live, right there on the page next to it is the DXD SEASON 3 PREORDER. TODAY IS A GOOD DAY.

now I have to sell some records to fund it though...

28 minutes ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

I did 4AM-10AM and while it's less sleep than I had been getting I feel more rested than I have in a while. Sleep is weird.  

Okay, first of all HOLYFUCKINGSHIT

Hide contents

Haruhi-3d-render2.png

So not only did I get up and see the preorder for this was live, right there on the page next to it is the DXD SEASON 3 PREORDER. TODAY IS A GOOD DAY.

now I have to sell some records to fund it though...

Is this just Melancholy, or other stuff too?

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Is this just Melancholy, or other stuff too?

It's got both seasons of Melancholy, as well as the Haruhi-chan and Disappearance of Yuki spinoff series (meh). Really bummed there's no Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya move included though, but maybe we will be getting that at a later date. The English bluray is way the fuck OOP and all the Japanese releases of the movie don't have subs or dubs. There's one in a really sexy steelbook though.

3 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Only the 1st season and movie are worth watching for Haruhi. Season 2 is the same episode 8 times, and the other few are not worth watching.

Can't get my edit to add the quote so double post :/

Watch the first two and last one of Endless Eight, and the rest were serviceable. Endless Eight is only seven episodes though. Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody is the first of the season, then E8, and then The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya arc. (assuming you're going broadcast order)

I'm totally going to have to take pictures of that sexy 7" I have of Hare Hare Yukai. One of my favorite pieces of my collection. So hyped for these.

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

I sold my movie blu-ray for quite a bit a while ago. It went OOP fast, which is really odd.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. how much did you get for it? help me find one :c

Didn't most anime releases around that time not really stick around for very long? Doesn't surprise me too much.

4 minutes ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. how much did you get for it? help me find one :c

Didn't most anime releases around that time not really stick around for very long? Doesn't surprise me too much.

I think it was $25 or $30 new, and I sold it for $80ish right after it went OOP.

I don't know, never paid much attention. A lot of companies went out of business around the same time though, so stuff went OOP before licenses were transferred.

7 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I think it was $25 or $30 new, and I sold it for $80ish right after it went OOP.

I don't know, never paid much attention. A lot of companies went out of business around the same time though, so stuff went OOP before licenses were transferred.

My understanding was that Funimation bought the rights to all of Haruhi. Since Code Geass also originally dropped in 2006 I'm hoping for a similarly awesome box set. 

$80 sounds like a bargain now. The search continues...

I'm finding myself annoyed as fuck more and more lately at the rising prices of records and the general abuse by some labels in their price gouging. A band I just recently found and have been digging a lot have a new LP. Ten songs and the regular black is $18 and limited edition color (glow in the dark) is $25. Before shipping. What in the fuck?!?! 

Grinds my gears... 

6 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

How much does it go for these days?

The storms seemed to have disappeared from our path on the radar, so I guess I don't have to worry about my house getting wet. It's still really humid out though.

I don't even know. Official ones hardly ever popular up.

35 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I'm finding myself annoyed as fuck more and more lately at the rising prices of records and the general abuse by some labels in their price gouging. A band I just recently found and have been digging a lot have a new LP. Ten songs and the regular black is $18 and limited edition color (glow in the dark) is $25. Before shipping. What in the fuck?!?! 

Grinds my gears... 

It's been getting more than a bit out of hand. What really chaps my ass is when they don't offer Media Mail. I usually wait for sales like the Hot Topic or Hastings or whatever and that's where I get most of my in print stuff. Smaller presses I just have to suck it up and deal. I refuse to buy just a 7" online though when shipping is almost as much as the 7". $9 7" or something with no media mail one time about made me lose my shit. Don't remember what it was though. 

Edited by Issei Hyoudou

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic