Last month I went to see Panic at the Disco/Weezer. I got there right as Panic was finishing their set. I went to find a drinking fountain and look at merch before Weezer started. I got in line for the drinking fountain and there was a teenage girl in front of me talking on the phone. She said "Panic at the Disco just finished. There's some other band that I've never heard of playing next, so we're going to stay for a little bit and see if they're any good."

It blew my mind to hear Weezer refrenced as "some other band I've never heard of".

12 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I start senior year in two days and I was born roughly a month before (what is now known as) the first American Football LP, so the math checks out

I discovered that album in 2003 because someone I knew (incorrectly, obviously) told me it was a Death Cab for Cutie side project. I had tried weed, smoked a couple cigarettes, and attempted suicide by then. You may not have been able to tie your own shoes...

Good luck in senior year though. Senior year was my favorite. I had like a 98 average and didn't do SHIT. I got detention for the first time. Got internal suspension for the first time. Went to my first hardcore show. Make sure you go out with both middle fingers in the air.

10 minutes ago, Youinreverse said:

Last month I went to see Panic at the Disco/Weezer. I got there right as Panic was finishing their set. I went to find a drinking fountain and look at merch before Weezer started. I got in line for the drinking fountain and there was a teenage girl in front of me talking on the phone. She said "Panic at the Disco just finished. There's some other band that I've never heard of playing next, so we're going to stay for a little bit and see if they're any good."

It blew my mind to hear Weezer refrenced as "some other band I've never heard of".

Speaking of high school...

Green album came out when I was in 8th grade and I got SUPER into Weezer. In 10th grade I was (behind my back, among people who didn't know me) referred to as "Weezer Kid" because half my wardrobe was Weezer shirts. I listened to Pinkerton on the bus ride to school for a combined total of probably 8 months between 9th and 10th grade.

...this thread is making me feel too old

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

21 minutes ago, Youinreverse said:

The comment that really got me was that this is the last class of people born in the 1900s. Every class after this one was born after 2000.

I am a junior and was born 11/5/99. Or did you mean the last class entirely born in the 90s? You still have another half class!

10 minutes ago, Youinreverse said:

The fact that people were going to the show to see Panic over Weezer upsets me. Has anyone heard anything off that Panic live album? It's comically bad. 

Found it: @1:06 the scream is hysterical. They can't play their instruments for shit and the dude can't sing at all. I could probably do better.

6 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I discovered that album in 2003 because someone I knew (incorrectly, obviously) told me it was a Death Cab for Cutie side project. I had tried weed, smoked a couple cigarettes, and attempted suicide by then. You may not have been able to tie your own shoes...

Good luck in senior year though. Senior year was my favorite. I had like a 98 average and didn't do SHIT. I got detention for the first time. Got internal suspension for the first time. Went to my first hardcore show. Make sure you go out with both middle fingers in the air.

You forget our #str8edglyfe. (ragging on the drugs, not the suicide in case that wasn't clear. Hope things are better for you now <3)

Someone offered me weed the other day at work. Does that count? (I didn't take it :P)

For reference I could tie my shoes in kindergarten, so you are probably right.

Can't wait to be done with high school. Want to go to school way the fuck away from my crazy ass house and this crazy ass city. Don't know where I am going to go but I know that I will at the very least go to school in another city. It's equal parts terrifying and exciting considering that the farthest I have ever been away from home by myself was about an hour away for the day. 

Have you beat in music though, my first show was when I was a freshman. Skipped homecoming because fuck that shit. Went and saw Against Me. It all went downhill pretty quickly from there. I plan on seeing at least 6 shows in October. Dillinger and Within These Walls in the same weekend. RIP. Who was your first hardcore show? I'm not sure I have actually been to an actual hardcore show before but I have been to a good number that got just as rough.

10 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Green album came out when I was in 8th grade and I got SUPER into Weezer. In 10th grade I was (behind my back, among people who didn't know me) referred to as "Weezer Kid" because half my wardrobe was Weezer shirts. I listened to Pinkerton every on the bus ride to school for a combined total of probably 8 months between 9th and 10th grade.

Did they right you a personal apology for making people associate you with Make Believe? Because if not they owe you one :P

34 minutes ago, Youinreverse said:

The comment that really got me was that this is the last class of people born in the 1900s. Every class after this one was born after 2000.

I am a junior and was born 11/5/99. Or did you mean the last class entirely born in the 90s? You still have another half class!

23 minutes ago, Youinreverse said:

The fact that people were going to the show to see Panic over Weezer upsets me. Has anyone heard anything off that Panic live album? It's comically bad. 

Found it: @1:06 the scream is hysterical. They can't play their instruments for shit and the dude can't sing at all. I could probably do better.

19 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

You forget our #str8edglyfe. (ragging on the drugs, not the suicide in case that wasn't clear. Hope things are better for you now <3)

Someone offered me weed the other day at work. Does that count? (I didn't take it :P)

Can't wait to be done with high school. Want to go to school way the fuck away from my crazy ass house and this crazy ass city. Don't know where I am going to go but I know that I will at the very least go to school in another city. It's equal parts terrifying and exciting considering that the farthest I have ever been away from home by myself was about an hour away for the day. 

Have you beat in music though, my first show was when I was a freshman. Skipped homecoming because fuck that shit. Went and saw Against Me. It all went downhill pretty quickly from there. I plan on seeing at least 6 shows in October. Dillinger and Within These Walls in the same weekend. RIP. Who was your first hardcore show? I'm not sure I have actually been to an actual hardcore show before but I have been to a good number that got just as rough.

14 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Green album came out when I was in 8th grade and I got SUPER into Weezer. In 10th grade I was (behind my back, among people who didn't know me) referred to as "Weezer Kid" because half my wardrobe was Weezer shirts. I listened to Pinkerton every on the bus ride to school for a combined total of probably 8 months between 9th and 10th grade.

Did they right you a personal apology for making people associate you with Make Believe? Because if not they owe you one :P

Edited by Holo

5 minutes ago, Holo said:

Luckily Make Believe came out when I was a senior and everyone had forgotten about my Weezer fandom. Or rather, I stopped wearing Weezer shirts every day in junior year and no one ever thought about me.

I was sXe in high school, but only after trying weed/cigs. Lol at how that turned out.

My first club show (Queens of the Stone Age/Turbonegro) was 10th grade. First hardcore show was the beginning of senior year (ETID/Zao/Misery Signals/The Promise/With Honor). The year I graduated I saw (not all at once, obviously) Darkest Hour (2x), The Red Chord (3x), BTBAM, Alexisonfire, A Life Once Lost (3x), Converge, Dillinger Escape Plan, Coheed and Cambria (2x), The Blood Brothers, Mewithoutyou, Dredg, Mastodon, Cult of Luna, Cannibal Corpse, Thursday, and a shit load of others. Shit was lit. You don't even want to know all the shows I didn't go to that I knew about and easily could have gone to. Fall of Troy played a 150 cap venue and they had EVR street teamers begging people to go.

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I mean...any type of food service really. I have tipped and been tipped with weed plenty of times back when I was a lad.

Food service: Front of house is coked up and they won't share. Kitchen is stoned as fuck and they'll hook you up.

10 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Also, you work at a pizza place. Of course someone offered you weed.

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I mean...any type of food service really. I have tipped and been tipped with weed plenty of times back when I was a lad.

Yeah, I was just surprised it took until last week with how much you guys were making jokes about it.

12 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Luckily Make Believe came out when I was a senior and everyone had forgotten about my Weezer fandom. Or rather, I stopped wearing Weezer shirts every day in junior year and no one ever thought about me.

I was sXe in high school, but only after trying weed/cigs. Lol at how that turned out.

My first club show (Queens of the Stone Age/Turbonegro) was 10th grade. First hardcore show was the beginning of senior year (ETID/Zao/Misery Signals/The Promise/With Honor). The year I graduated I saw (not all at once, obviously) Darkest Hour (2x), The Red Chord (3x), BTBAM, Alexisonfire, A Life Once Lost (3x), Converge, Dillinger Escape Plan, Coheed and Cambria (2x), The Blood Brothers, Mewithoutyou, Dredg, Mastodon, Cult of Luna, Cannibal Corpse, Thursday, and a shit load of others. Shit was lit. You don't even want to know all the shows I didn't go to that I knew about and easily could have gone to. Fall of Troy played a 150 cap venue and they had EVR street teamers begging people to go.

Sounds like a bunch of good shit. I'll have to make a list of what I have been to. I did see TFoT at a 300ish capacity venue this tour.

28 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

The Fall of Troy are still playing pretty small venues I think. They've played a 200 cap garage here twice in about a year's time.

It's been over a year since I've been to a show. Shit got real lame around here. I swear, whenever I live in Albany, Poughkeepsie's scene flourishes. When I live in Poughkeepsie, Albany is where all the shows go.

Upstate NY is garbage

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

5 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

It's been over a year since I've been to a show. Shit got real lame around here. I swear, whenever I live in Albany, Poughkeepsie's scene flourishes. When I live in Poughkeepsie, Albany is where all the shows go.

Upstate NY is garbage

Wasn't when I lived in upstate/western NY Rochester gets badass shows all the time, and Buffalo/Syracuse get anything Rochester doesn't. Shit was good.

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Wasn't when I lived in upstate/western NY Rochester gets badass shows all the time, and Buffalo/Syracuse get anything Rochester doesn't. Shit was good.

Oh yeah, Rochester/Buffalo/Syracuse get everything. Albany is too close to too many other places. Bands tend to circle around us, like theyll hit NYC, somewhere in VT/CT/MA, Montreal, and Buffalo.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic