6 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

This is the same co-worker who insisted that Disturbed's cover of The Sound of Silence was WAY better than the original. He also makes sincere "that's what she said!" jokes and then laughs at his own joke to cover up the deafening silence. I had to take him aside and tell him "Yeah...don't do that" because he kept laughing every time he had to call "Number 69" He also says "It's like that Family Guy joke, you know the one..." five times a day. 3 months later and he still hasn't figured out none of us watch Family Guy.

The other day he was like "I'm an alcoholic. I really need to stop drinking so much Bud Light. That's $12 a week I could be using on something else!"

We all deserve a raise for every shift we work with him where we don't muder him and hide his body in the walk-in freezer.

Gross. Also, I sure don't drink 24 beers/week...but that's some pretty low level alcoholism.

9 minutes ago, Youinreverse said:

I really want to see Tycho on Friday, but he was booked for a stupid warehouse "five-venues-in-one!" type place that has multiple stages. Garbage is playing there the same night and there's going to be so much sound bleed. Tycho is just going to get drowned out. I saw Frightened Rabbit there a few months ago and they stopped mid song because "DJ Shithead" as they coined him was so loud that they couldn't focus. 

Anyone else have a shitty venue with this same stage configuration? It sucks. :/

The rave in Milwaukee has like 5 venues in one. I don't think I've ever had an issue with sound bleed though. Probably because o was at the loudest of the bunch. 

Tycho is is all about the ambiance so if you are worried about it now it would probably be best to skip and avoid frustration. 

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Gross. Also, I sure don't drink 24 beers/week...but that's some pretty low level alcoholism.

It's worse than that. He drinks the "tall boys" so that's maybe the equivalent of like 12 beers a week. 

I drank twice that many Bud Lights in a single day once. The hangover was one of the ages and it was the worst series of decisions ever, but still.

Take into account he weighs literally twice as much as me, minimum.

Last night I saw Julien Baker in Philly and met her after the show. Such a genuine human being.

This morning I flew out to Denver and I just got back from crossing an item off my bucket list.. saw a concert (Jason Isbell/Lucero) at Red Rocks.

From here (Friday morning) I fly to Chicago for Riot Fest, and Sunday night I will be seeing the very last Motion City Soundtrack show.

Life is damn good right now. I haven't been very active in here recently, but I hope the rest of you small talkers can say the same.

Last night I saw Julien Baker in Philly and met her after the show. Such a genuine human being.

This morning I flew out to Denver and I just got back from crossing an item off my bucket list.. saw a concert (Jason Isbell/Lucero) at Red Rocks.

From here (Friday morning) I fly to Chicago for Riot Fest, and Sunday night I will be seeing the very last Motion City Soundtrack show.

Life is damn good right now. I haven't been very active in here recently, but I hope the rest of you small talkers can say the same.

9 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

It's worse than that. He drinks the "tall boys" so that's maybe the equivalent of like 12 beers a week. 

I drank twice that many Bud Lights in a single day once. The hangover was one of the ages and it was the worst series of decisions ever, but still.

Take into account he weighs literally twice as much as me, minimum.

So what I'm getting here is he is a /raging/ alcoholic. Poor dude.

Got this today and was pissed off. Media was graded VG+, and it looks/plays VG, and then the sleeve was completely destroyed. Can't see all the creasing in the picture but here's an idea. Called it a VG, but I held it against the goldmine scale and it's like maaaaaaybe good. If it was in shipping damage to the sleeve I'd let it go but the fact that it was so awfully over graded pisses me off. Freaking discogs, I have ordered a couple things that weren't perfectly graded, but nobody outright lied like this

image_20160914_155931.jpgimage_20160914_155911.jpg

Keep in mind I only showed one corner but they're all worn. Other edge that opens is frayed and torn to shit, and it looks like there was water damage too. All three sides are worn the hell out too. Plus creasing. 

Click on the left one to make it big enough to see the damage

Edited by Holo

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic