16 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

that's true I considered that when I bought them, but I've sacrificed more than couple hours of my time to pay for records before. I'm not going too apeshit until I work there 2 months and get my first raise (which I just assume ill get based on what ive done, and what they want me to do for them)

I just think they should do that to "put things in perspective" or whatever.  I've thrown away months of my life on nothing, if you do the math. Hell, I used to spend all my money on weed and the hours I worked were way more than the hours I was able to be stoned from that money.  But I know that if I could buy records against my paycheck like that it'd get out of hand.

Of course I just bought a test press that, after taxes, probably cost me an entire shift...and I already owned 6 copies of that album. I justified it because that week I did 9 hours of overtime though. But as someone who loves buying shit, I've found the best way to curb spending is to break it down that way.

52 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

although id like to upgrade my We Are The Champions since it's my fav of theirs, I still need to get cashflow going first but ill hit you up when im ready thanks. I have heavy days on half black/half blue already thanks though

Whenever, dude. I'm not actively trying to sell it, so just hit me up.

9 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I just think they should do that to "put things in perspective" or whatever.  I've thrown away months of my life on nothing, if you do the math. Hell, I used to spend all my money on weed and the hours I worked were way more than the hours I was able to be stoned from that money.  But I know that if I could buy records against my paycheck like that it'd get out of hand.

Of course I just bought a test press that, after taxes, probably cost me an entire shift...and I already owned 6 copies of that album. I justified it because that week I did 9 hours of overtime though. But as someone who loves buying shit, I've found the best way to curb spending is to break it down that way.

I think picking up 2 extra shifts this week, helped me justify it (not that I'm full time yet). But I have poor self control so I do need to keep my self in check, but new job and good deals on records I'd been wanting anyways and it's like a ritual first purchase. The last year + if I bought a record it usually required me selling my others, so felt good to pay with my time instead. Really helps that I love this type of work and it hardly feels like work yet. I haven't even taken as much as a 10 minute break, when I felt the need finally yesterday it was about 45 min to the end of  my shift so I just said screw it and pushed through. Today we have a 2 hour in store performance from this band from Ireland called Seafoam Green so that should be fun. Also had my first "celebrity" shopper, the lead singer from Barenaked Ladies was visiting with 2 of his friends I didn't even realize it was him until he left. One of his buddies spent like $150 on dad rock used LPs

On 18/10/2016 at 7:03 AM, Holo said:

Hey @DOMAN127 let's go to his lawn. 

Should be fun, we've got Dillinger and Appleseed lined up. Going to blow off class for a day and hang too, probably hit up some record stores. 

What if you end up being like an old married couple and run out of things to say...?!

Anyone else on VC bipolar or the like (schizoaffective, borderline, whatever)? I've been incredibly manic/on top of the world for the past week or so and god has it felt great; I'm just terrified of psychosis kicking in or doing something a little too stupid. Excuse me if this is considered taboo to talk about openly (toss me  a pm), I'm just genuinely curious and idk who to talk to about this stuff.

16 minutes ago, EGsynergy said:

Anyone else on VC bipolar or the like (schizoaffective, borderline, whatever)? I've been incredibly manic/on top of the world for the past week or so and god has it felt great; I'm just terrified of psychosis kicking in or doing something a little too stupid. Excuse me if this is considered taboo to talk about openly (toss me  a pm), I'm just genuinely curious and idk who to talk to about this stuff.

I'd suggest talking to a licensed therapist or someone close to you. Throwing that kind of thing on strangers isn't great for you, and it's not something everyone wants to talk about/give advice about.

21 minutes ago, EGsynergy said:

I've known a lot of people who suffer from bi-polar or related disorders, but I'm not really well versed in it. All I can say is take care of yourself, be safe, and find help however you can. 

12 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I'd suggest talking to a licensed therapist or someone close to you. Throwing that kind of thing on strangers isn't great for you, and it's not something everyone wants to talk about/give advice about.

Ah I see. Sorry for the touchy topic, I was just curious and figured I'd ask. I do have a therapist and a psych, I just wanted to possibly speak to someone else who was going through the same type of stuff.

On another topic, how's everyone's day been? My copy of Joyce Manor's Cody came in today (hottopic variant) so that's what I've been spinning since I got home.

36 minutes ago, EGsynergy said:

Ah I see. Sorry for the touchy topic, I was just curious and figured I'd ask. I do have a therapist and a psych, I just wanted to possibly speak to someone else who was going through the same type of stuff.

On another topic, how's everyone's day been? My copy of Joyce Manor's Cody came in today (hottopic variant) so that's what I've been spinning since I got home.

I mean, if you're also talking to professionals there's no problem talking about it here. It's maybe a little heavy for everyday "small talk" stuff, but it's whatever.

Honestly, talking openly about mental illness is a good thing. There's still a stigma around it, which can be harmful to those suffering and not seeking help.

Honestly, talking openly about mental illness is a good thing. There's still a stigma around it, which can be harmful to those suffering and not seeking help.

On 19/10/2016 at 3:39 AM, Bladewillisisdead said:

I justify the excessive spending by The fact that I rarely spend money on anything else. It's my main interest/hobby and life would be pointless without enjoying some of the consumer lifestyle we are forced to adopt.

9 hours ago, EGsynergy said:

I have mild BPD  and you can toss me a PM whenever, I would second that a therapist can be helpful and a combo of medication and that has brought me back to a more stable position in my life. Mindfulness (meditaiton, yoga, qi gong, deep breathing, whatever you find that can work for you) has also been a great tool to staying stable, when I feel myself starting to lose it if I can implement some of the things I've learned from that it can save myself from an embarrassing situation I end up apologizing for later. Not saying those solutions are for everyone, but in my experience those have worked for me and it's night and day how I feel today from a year ago

1 minute ago, Dave Grohl said:

Shut the fuck up, @Thomas³ <3

I like how I never need to post on here anymore thanks to whatsapp group thread. Even though Brian is too busy with his lady to give a fuck.

(Love you, Brian, you dick.)

Yeah, Brian! You didn't even tell us you were safe after the explosion in Portland yesterday!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic