8 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Flying to AZ to murder Rez during Floater

6 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

YOULL FIND IT FULL OF LOVE

4 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Swing by and pick me up and I'll help

I FUCKED SHIT UP. THAT IS ALL. 

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Yeah, somebody the dude doing the ABC's sales threads on the boards hooked me up with s/t for a great price a while back!

Hookup lord @mytrainwreck

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

Morning everyone. It is supposed to be 81F today. That is unheard of for here in October. If it hits 82, we'll break the high record for the day.

Must have stolen your weather then because I'm shivering over here. Our mornings have been in the low 50's since that big storm came through  

4 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Must have stolen your weather then because I'm shivering over here. Our mornings have been in the low 50's since that big storm came through  

Sounds like it. I had my heat on Friday night, since it was in the 30's, then it decided to jump back up to the 60's.

10 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Uhhhh...didn't anyone tell you that global warming is a myth? 

Pst, we all know it's normal for the earth to consistently warm up by a few degrees each year. Constant record setting warm months is also totally normal!

1 hour ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Sucks to get an email first thing telling you two releases you ordered and were looking very forward to have been delayed and now it may be Christmas nearly when you finally get them, if they don't have another excuse then.... :( 

Haha... I remember when we sent money orders and received the order 18 months later.

16 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Haha... I remember when we sent money orders and received the order 18 months later.

Me too. When I worked at Hot Topic I felt like such an old man telling those kids how lucky they were to just have a store to go to and about how I had to send off money orders for shirts out of the back of Hit Parader magazine when I was in middle school lol. Or when piercing first started getting it's footing in the 90's & when I would order jewelry from some place who's catalog was like five pages of xerox pages stapled in the middle and folded.

1 hour ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Me too. When I worked at Hot Topic I felt like such an old man telling those kids how lucky they were to just have a store to go to and about how I had to send off money orders for shirts out of the back of Hit Parader magazine when I was in middle school lol. Or when piercing first started getting it's footing in the 90's & when I would order jewelry from some place who's catalog was like five pages of xerox pages stapled in the middle and folded.

46 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

so many memories!

Yes... it is way easier today.  I try to minimize any complaints that I might have based on those experiences. 

19 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I remember having to call in orders from little magazines, and sending off a money order for stuff. Always fun. I used to do it for skateboards with CCS and I had some crazy yo-yos as a kid. The internet made everything so seamless.

I used to order from CCS all the time.

4 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Uhhhh...didn't anyone tell you that global warming is a myth? 

Not disputing that climate change is a thing, but we haven't been outright warmer. It's been a weird year. Cooled way the fuck off for a week, and then highs jumped 20 degrees for a few weeks before dropping again. Happened a few times this year, thought my balls were going to get whiplash or something. 

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

I remember having to call in orders from little magazines, and sending off a money order for stuff. Always fun. I used to do it for skateboards with CCS and I had some crazy yo-yos as a kid. The internet made everything so seamless.

I remember being so excited when I would get a new CCS catalog back in the day, until a teacher would snatch it for reading it in class lol

48 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

I used to order from CCS all the time.

Me too. Being in a small town with one real skate shop made the prices too good for my parents to pass up. Because, you know, I had to have wide legged jeans and Independent hoodies to be scene and all.... lol. Plus I broke decks like bones back then, so it was just easier to get their blanks for half the price of ones with graphics at the local place.

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

12 minutes ago, Holo said:

Not disputing that climate change is a thing, but we haven't been outright warmer. It's been a weird year. Cooled way the fuck off for a week, and then highs jumped 20 degrees for a few weeks before dropping again. Happened a few times this year, thought my balls were going to get whiplash or something. 

Rez is a climate change denier! He also believes that the gulf oil spill was the same as spilling a coke on a football field, and does not believe recycling is real.

(all instances taken from a friend of mine, who seems to be slowly going insane).

5 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I remember being so excited when I would get a new CCS catalog back in the day, until a teacher would snatch it for reading it in class lol

Me too. Being in a small town with one real skate shop made the prices too good for my parents to pass up. Because, you know, I had to have wide legged jeans and Independent hoodies to be scene and all.... lol. Plus I broke decks like bones back then, so it was just easier to get their blanks for half the price of ones with graphics at the local place.

I used their blanks for years.

Loved getting the catalogs.  They always made my week when they arrived

21 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I remember being so excited when I would get a new CCS catalog back in the day., until a teacher snatched it for reading it in class lol

Me too. Being in a small town with one real skate shop made the prices to good for my parents to pass up. Because, you know, I had to have wide legged jeans and Independent hoodies to be scene and all.... lol. Plus I broke decks like bones back then, so it was just easier to get their blanks for half the price of ones with graphics at the local place.

14 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

I used their blanks for years.

Loved getting the catalogs.  They always made my week when they arrived

The catalogs were the best part. I used to look at them for hours. I still have a blank board of theirs somewhere.

Edit: It does not look like they offer the blanks anymore. They were always such a good deal. I don't remember complete's being so much back in the day either. I've been thinking of getting a new board to just cruise on.

Edited by Thomas³

23 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Rez is a climate change denier! He also believes that the gulf oil spill was the same as spilling a coke on a football field, and does not believe recycling is real.

(all instances taken from a friend of mine, who seems to be slowly going insane).

I see you've met my dad. 

9 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I don't remember complete's being so much back in the day either.

Completes are ridiculous now. Last time my ex got one for her son, I found some sellers on eBay that sold completes in multiple name brands like Alien Workshop and Darkstar with good trucks, grip tape, wheels, bearings, and hardware for around or under $100.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic