1 minute ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Completes are ridiculous now. Last time my ex got one for her son, I found some sellers on eBay that sold completes in multiple name brands like Alien Workshop and Darkstar with good trucks, grip tape, wheels, bearings, and hardware for around or under $100.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I remember being able to get complete for like $60-75 (depending on the hardware). I know I had a muska board with indy trucks and ok wheel and bearings and it was like $50ish. Too bad that was board trash though, snapped it in half after 2 weeks. All I did was land a kickflip slightly off center. My CCS blank was much more durable.

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I remember being able to get complete for like $60-75 (depending on the hardware). I know I had a muska board with indy trucks and ok wheel and bearings and it was like $50ish. Too bad that was board trash though, snapped it in half after 2 weeks. All I did was land a kickflip slightly off center. My CCS blank was much more durable.

Those blanks did take some abuse for sure. The cost is in the name on the deck honestly because we all know for the most part they are the same 7 ply maple underneath. I did prefer Independents though because you could grind the fuck out of them and still expect them to perform. I never liked the painted trucks thing that Tracker did. Why put so much cash into something you are going to destroy anyhow? 

1 minute ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Those blanks did take some abuse for sure. The cost is in the name on the deck honestly because we all know for the most part they are the same 7 ply maple underneath. I did prefer Independents though because you could grind the fuck out of them and still expect them to perform. I never liked the painted trucks thing that Tracker did. Why put so much cash into something you are going to destroy anyhow? 

Painted trucks were/are dumb. They look cool until you grind, then as you said, they get scratched up and look terrible. I only ever used indy trucks, they are the best for sure.

So I just talked to my parents and got them to agree to let me fly to Arizona so I can meet Chuck/Dom-2/@Holo and see Dillinger Escape Plan since they aren't coming here.

We're also gonna go to Appleseed Cast & Caspian the day before @Dave Grohl ;)

The two Doms are finally going to meet!

41 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

So I just talked to my parents and got them to agree to let me fly to Arizona so I can meet Chuck/Dom-2/@Holo and see Dillinger Escape Plan since they aren't coming here.

We're also gonna go to Appleseed Cast & Caspian the day before @Dave Grohl ;)

The two Doms are finally going to meet!

The universe is about to explode

When I was your age I had to be sneaky about talking to strangers on the internet. I was forbidden from it. Luckily my parents were dumb and I got around all their weird trackers and keyloggers. My mom was convinced that every single person on the internet was a rapist and/or murderer.

The CCS catalog was lit as fuck. Was always so stoked when the new one came.

Wow, your parents used keyloggers on you? Mine knew there was nothing they could do to stop me from doing whatever I could online. I think they were more worried about getting a cease and desist for all the movies I used to download pre-BT. File sharing was so much different when it was IRC and FTP for your pirated shit. Newsgroups too, but I hardly used them when TWC got rid of their free retention on them.

28 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Wow, your parents used keyloggers on you? Mine knew there was nothing they could do to stop me from doing whatever I could online. I think they were more worried about getting a cease and desist for all the movies I used to download pre-BT. File sharing was so much different when it was IRC and FTP for your pirated shit. Newsgroups too, but I hardly used them when TWC got rid of their free retention on them.

Well, they used keyloggers but I spotted and disabled it literally within seconds. I would turn it back on and do some random shit. Talk to my one IRL friend on AIM a little bit, browse IMDB, and shit like that. My sister got busted for a LOT of shit but they never had a clue I knew and worked around it. Of course, what I was doing was posting on forums, mostly talking about music and movies. 

They installed the spy shit specifically to stop me from talking to "weirdos" on the internet. Instead they caught my little sister on a bunch of shit, like drinking with her friends (they were 13), shoplifting, and an assortment of other teenage shenanigans. I'm still friends with most of those random internet weirdos too. Of course, my sister is the "normal" and "successful" one now.

7 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Well, they used keyloggers but I spotted and disabled it literally within seconds. I would turn it back on and do some random shit. Talk to my one IRL friend on AIM a little bit, browse IMDB, and shit like that. My sister got busted for a LOT of shit but they never had a clue I knew and worked around it. Of course, what I was doing was posting on forums, mostly talking about music and movies. 

They installed the spy shit specifically to stop me from talking to "weirdos" on the internet. Instead they caught my little sister on a bunch of shit, like drinking with her friends (they were 13), shoplifting, and an assortment of other teenage shenanigans. I'm still friends with most of those random internet weirdos too. Of course, my sister is the "normal" and "successful" one now.

Haha. I used a keylogger to get my parents' passwords. 

58 minutes ago, futures said:

my first complete was a world industries that was warped. 12 yr old me was sooo bummed but the company replaced it for me after a few months (90s probs). but then i bought an element deck that i absolutely loved

I had a WI deck. Had it for over a decade too. Left it in the trunk of my car and forgot to grab it when I junked the car :(

It was all scratched up and cracked but it never broke.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic