I think I'm finally going to be brave, and install my new cartridge tonight. It's going to be a pain since the diamond on it is so tiny, it looks like there is nothing there. AT confirmed it is correct when I tried to take it back, even gave me some print outs of microscope pictures they took of it. I was going to have my local audio shop do it, even took it in, but he was backed up and wanted like $200 to do it.

2 hours ago, Holo said:

Oops missed Kevin's post. They're playing a bigger venue but it isn't necessarily unbearably shitty

The venue they're playing in Seattle is pretty damn shitty :)  I also with TA would just do a headlining show here.  I don't think that's happened in the 7+ years I've lived here.

I went to the HOB Boston once and the bouncer insisted on checking every single one of my cigarettes individually.

Jokes on him though, I was sneaking way harder drugs than weed. But sort of in his defense I had smoked a joint outside in line. He was still an asshole though.

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I went to the HOB Boston once and the bouncer insisted on checking every single one of my cigarettes individually.

Jokes on him though, I was sneaking way harder drugs than weed. But sort of in his defense I had smoked a joint outside in line. He was still an asshole though.

I started to hand the bouncer my cigarettes last time I was there, and he just looked at me, so I put them back in my pocket. It was strange.

1 hour ago, DOMAN127 said:

I only like the new TA and I've never listened to Thursday so I guess I don't care all that much that they aren't coming here

pleb

29 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

The venue they're playing in Seattle is pretty damn shitty :)  I also with TA would just do a headlining show here.  I don't think that's happened in the 7+ years I've lived here.

They played headlining dates three hours north and three hours south of Phoenix in tiny ass cities (relative to Phoenix at least). Was pretty bummed but this makes up for it 100%

28 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I thought I was a badass because I smuggled in a sharpie to get something signed.

10 hours ago, jonrawks said:

What's the name of this venue so I know to avoid it? lol.  I just realized I can go to shows now! Oklahoma has almost nothing here and when I was in SF, I was jobless and couldn't afford going to anything so Seattle is going to be a nice change :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Never cared about TA, haven't cared about Thursday in at least a decade. :/

I haven't seen them in a decade and havent listened to anything they've done after A City by Light Divided (except the split with Envy which was dope af), but Full Collapse tho...

I'm guessing since its a reunion their set list will at least lean towards the Full Collapse/WATT era. At this point I see old bands playing newerish songs that I don't know as a blessing because I can catch my breath from being in the pit AND go drink alcohol.

Had to tell my girlfriend that I'll be going to the Thursday show and shes very disappointed. She's super knowledgeable about music and she can easily out obscure/weird me. But her only experience with emo/hardcore/metalcore/posthardcore comes from working at Hot Topic from 04-06. Like, she has never heard Chiodos' music but knows exactly the kind of dweeb who would buy their shirts.

39 minutes ago, Holo said:

had better be played last so I don't get bounced mid set when someone catches a fist with their face.

Then again, I didn't get kicked out during Panasonic Youth, so maybe their security just gets it :P

They've always tended to play it towards the middle of their sets.

Between that and Cross Out the Eyes I'm gonna lose my shit.

18 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Every time I've seen them (this is back in the 2001-2006 timeframe, probably 6 times) it was the very last song they played and they fired off confetti cannons at the end of the countdown.

11 hours ago, tarzioo_ said:

What's the name of this venue so I know to avoid it? lol.  I just realized I can go to shows now! Oklahoma has almost nothing here and when I was in SF, I was jobless and couldn't afford going to anything so Seattle is going to be a nice change :rolleyes:

Showbox SoDo is bad.  It's kind of a warehouse with a stage.  Showbox Market is fantastic though.

2 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Full Collpase is all I need. I listen to it weekly.

Funny, that's my least favorite.  It sounds super dated to me and a little cringey at times.

17 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Showbox SoDo is bad.  It's kind of a warehouse with a stage.  Showbox Market is fantastic though.

Funny, that's my least favorite.  It sounds super dated to me and a little cringey at times.

It's more of a memory related thing for me. I was at Camp Woodward when I was like 11 or 12 skating for a week. My cabin leader put that album on over the speaker system one day. I was hooked. It opened up worlds of music for me. Plus that week was amazing. So listening to it reminds me of happy, simpler times. 

54 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Can't imagine I actually kicked out but depending on the crowd I will definitely earn some looks. I am pretty sure that Dom and I were the only ones who actually wanted to be at the DEP show, but we did enough fucking shit up for them too. 

AFI is playing old material and I am going to deck some HT kids.

40 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Every time I've seen them (this is back in the 2001-2006 timeframe, probably 6 times) it was the very last song they played and they fired off confetti cannons at the end of the countdown.

I missed them probably 10 times between 01-04 because I wasn't allowed to go to shows until I was. 17. They didn't come back until I was 19, so I saw them a few times around 06-07.

17 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

It's more of a memory related thing for me. I was at Camp Woodward when I was like 11 or 12 skating for a week. My cabin leader put that album on over the speaker system one day. I was hooked. It opened up worlds of music for me. Plus that week was amazing. So listening to it reminds me of happy, simpler times. 

Fair enough.  It was definitely my favorite thing they did for a long time.   I think the sing/scream that same line formula didn't age well at all and is pretty cringe worthy now.

57 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Fair enough.  It was definitely my favorite thing they did for a long time.   I think the sing/scream that same line formula didn't age well at all and is pretty cringe worthy now. 

Edited by Dave Grohl
I can't even edit it on the computer; lame. But yeah, that album definitely didn't age well.

10 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I missed them probably 10 times between 01-04 because I wasn't allowed to go to shows until I was. 17. They didn't come back until I was 19, so I saw them a few times around 06-07.

I just started going regularly about a yearish ago. RIP tours I missed/was too young to go to.

IARB 10 year dreams.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic