We have a couple record shops like that here in Portland. I liked one of them a little bit for a while, but I haven't been back since they've been under new ownership.

East Street is like that here.  They have a little cafe in their shop that allows them to sell beer too.  I've never been there early enough in the day to take advantage sadly.

Edit : alcohol + record store = too many impulse buys

That. And too many lightweights spillin their suds on covers.

Yeah, I've noticed the new place has a rule about not taking beers over by the records. Haven't been in though.

did by Operation: Doomsday there a couple years ago for like $18 though and I was stoked.

Good ol blue laws in SC. No liqour sales on Sunday.

We have blue laws in Bergen County, NJ. Fucking bizarre. The legit only thing you can buy on Sundays in Bergen County are groceries. Even at Costco or BJs they rope off all the non-food items (pharmacy stuff like shampoos, medications, etc. and the clothes are all off limits).

im changing my screen name to labia

omg do you watch Episodes? Matt leBlanc's stalker's name is Labia in that show. 

This Music 103 course is the biggest joke ever hahahahahaha.  Here's an excerpt from the lecture: 

"we will definitely cover some technical terminology but for the most part the goal is for you to simply start trying to separate out the aural mode from the lyrics and what you are seeing and try to consider how it on it’s own also impacts your perception of things. Describing the music as sounding happy or sad a lot of the time will be sufficient for communicating what it is you want to say. 
Alright, so lets take a look at a song and see if we can start testing out this type of multimodal analysis"

She then linked Lorde, Lana Del Rey, and Iggy Azalea music videos.  This is how she described Video Games by Lana Del Rey:

"Lana: lyrics are about being helplessly in love but the slow tempo and minor key during the verses gives it a distinctly melancholy feel. It tries to sound happy on the modulation to the major key for the chorus but it feels very short lived. 
What about her lack of expression in this video?" 

AHHHHHHHHHHH

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic