not a fan of KY?

haha no. im sure its nice and cool, but its just not home. i miss it so much. what also sucks is that i love this company, im treated well and everyone is cool, sucks to leave.

Are you originally from the Boston area?

im from CT originally, a small farm town right on the rhode island border. moved to boston after high school to attend the new england school of photography and ended up living there for almost 5 years. 

haha no. im sure its nice and cool, but its just not home. i miss it so much. what also sucks is that i love this company, im treated well and everyone is cool, sucks to leave.

im from CT originally, a small farm town right on the rhode island border. moved to boston after high school to attend the new england school of photography and ended up living there for almost 5 years. 

reppin small towns in CT!!!

So I met with my doctor and got my Rx for the medication I'll be on to balance out my thyroid.

I also have to get an ultrasound because she is suspecting I have kidney stones. =\

My oncologist called, no Lupus! That's such a huge weight off my shoulders.

My ENT found out about my thyroid issue and called off my tonsillectomy until my blood work comes back balanced from the new medication.  I lose my health insurance in December so things will be tough after that.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me with the advice and tips for handling all my new medical things.

So I met with my doctor and got my Rx for the medication I'll be on to balance out my thyroid.

I also have to get an ultrasound because she is suspecting I have kidney stones. =\

My ENT found out about my thyroid issue and called off my tonsillectomy until my blood work comes back balanced from the new medication.  I lose my health insurance in December so things will be tough after that.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me with the advice and tips for handling all my new medical things.

Oh goodness. This is a lot. When my sister had them they used lasers (like asteroids) and blasted them to bits. She was on good meds and barely felt a thing. I hope the same for you.

Whoa, you've got a lot going on. That's really great you don't have lupus though. One less issue to worry about. If you don't mind me asking, why do you need to get your tonsils removed?? Hope it all works out though.

Wait... so at like 9:25pm you potentially had a thyroid issue, kidney stones, lupus and a tonsillectomy looming?

Jesus, man. 

The tonsillectomy started all of this.  I have ITP which is a rare blood condition which acts like a cancer until a 'solution' is found (I stands for idiopathic which means no known cause or cure).  For me, that solution was the removal of my spleen.  I've been in remission since 2006. ITP is an autoimmune disorder in the sense that I... don't have an immune system.  My tonsils have taken the beating because of this.  They've been the size of quarters since 2008 and every time I get sick, the get inflamed to the point where I can't speak or eat, and have a hard time swallowing and drinking.  This happens for 2 weeks at a time, and I'm sick of it, so I started the process of figuring out if I can get them removed.  General physician said no because of the ITP, but referred me to an ENT.  She wrote a script for bloodwork in the meantime, not sure what prompted that.  The ENT said nooo way unless your oncologist says its okay.  The oncologist says he didn't see an issue, but wanted to retest me for Lupus since I was borderline negative in 2006.  The day after I do bloodwork for both of these doctors, my general physician's office calls me about my high THS and has me make an appt to come in and discuss my underactive thyroid.  I know that the thyroid issue and Lupus run parallel to each other in a lot of ways, so it made me nervous about the Lupus bloodwork.  Fast forward to yesterday... I met with my general physician, ENT, and got a call from my oncologist with the information I posted about late last night.  Aaaaand here we are.

The kidney stone thing is something my general physician wants checked out bc of blood traces in my urinalysis.  The blood work shows no WBC or RBC traces though, which is weird.

Oh goodness. This is a lot. When my sister had them they used lasers (like asteroids) and blasted them to bits. She was on good meds and barely felt a thing. I hope the same for you.

I hope so. =\  The ENT doesn't want to do it really, so he's been trying to scare me.  Because of my medical history the recovery is going to be miserable.  But I'd rather have one last miserable tonsil related thing than have multiple in a year for the rest of my life.

Whoa, you've got a lot going on. That's really great you don't have lupus though. One less issue to worry about. If you don't mind me asking, why do you need to get your tonsils removed?? Hope it all works out though.

Yeah I'm super relieved about the Lupus thing.  A lot of my family has/had it and that made me really scared.  I explained my tonsil saga  for Jefferson, so feel free to read! haha. & Thanks. =]

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic