I read your speech and it sounds really well written! I have a severe anxiety about public speaking and I somehow managed to dodge having to take a ~mandatory public speaking class while in college, therefore I can offer no advice about transitions. =\ Best of luck, though!

in one of my final classes at school we had to give 30 minute presentations. One of the last girls to go started crying and saying how bad her presentation was, and eventually had a panic attack and dropped like a board to the ground.

My professor was this really sweet older guy, he lost it. He kept pacing around until finally someone told him to call an ambulance. I felt really bad for her. She ended up giving her presentation next class, and cried a little bit but kept it together for the most part.

she always did really well participating in class discussions, but she must’ve had trouble being up in front of everyone. People in my class were dicks though. Some of them laughed afterward and said something about how that was a good way to get out of a presentation.

in one of my final classes at school we had to give 30 minute presentations. One of the last girls to go started crying and saying how bad her presentation was, and eventually had a panic attack and dropped like a board to the ground.

My professor was this really sweet older guy, he lost it. He kept pacing around until finally someone told him to call an ambulance. I felt really bad for her. She ended up giving her presentation next class, and cried a little bit but kept it together for the most part.

she always did really well participating in class discussions, but she must’ve had trouble being up in front of everyone. People in my class were dicks though. Some of them laughed afterward and said something about how that was a good way to get out of a presentation.

Ugh thats terrible. =\ That only makes the experience worse when you're thinking everyone will laugh at your presentation, and then something traumatic happens and asshole people act like that as a result.  

Hey everyone, I posted about this before but if you weren't around for that:

I'm doing a speech for my class on the record making process.

I got a rough outline posted here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/172966200/Pressing-a-Record-Speech-Outline-Rough

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to transition between parts of the speech, and my intro and conclusion may be lacking, but as for content I'm pretty much set. 

I have more than enough to fill the allotted time, especially since I will be able to bring in something as a speech aide. Obviously will bring in one of my records, a 7in. And use the document reader in class to kind of magnify in to it to view portions of the final product as I talk about the creation of it.

So if any of you would like to help me out, or just wish me good luck, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

I think your speech will be great!  Always good to teach another.  If I had to give you any advice it might be to give a short history on vinyl - (why even use them; how did this medium come to be) Honestly, besides us fanatics, most people do not see the importance so it would be fruitful to bring the audience up to your speed.  Unless you planned to include this in your "Demonstrate Importance" section.

teacher - "tayler, you're next"

me - "no"

teacher - "you'll get an F if you don't speak"

me - "ok" ...as I handed her my paper.

Haha, that's amazing.  I wish I had the courage to do that when I was in school.

Also, I noticed you were able to cross off another record from your want list in your sig. Nice!

Haha, that's amazing.  I wish I had the courage to do that when I was in school.

Also, I noticed you were able to cross off another record from your want list in your sig. Nice!

i really did hate speaking in front of the class and she knew that. she pulled me aside after and said she would give me another chance, i still said no, she didnt fail me, i got a D. my paper was really good.

and yeah! thats it for ambitions, finally complete. i need to get a shot soon of all of them. luckily for me they didnt have much pressed. 

It was almost 85 here a couple days ago.

That's terrible. I'd have the worst migraine and my sinuses would be fucked. My body does not like drastic weather changes, obviously. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic