Gosh, your wives sound so pretty.  (I already had this opinion about our Madie tho.)

i do have a pic of her in my office..and when peeps come by they say 'your wife is pretty, way to go dude' (generic) but the gals are surprised at her too. like im some kind of troll under a bridge.

i do have a pic of her in my office..and when peeps come by they say 'your wife is pretty, way to go dude' (generic) but the gals are surprised at her too. like im some kind of troll under a bridge.

I'm assuming she paid the toll?

42-10-Sexy-Laugh-Gif_zpsaa113400.gif

Protest?!  I'm in!!

My work has nothing going on lately, but they still make us come in and sit here like we have something to be working on. 

That's basically what I am doing. I work in the homeowners insurance field.. so unless we get a storm soon, my post count on here will surely be on the rise.

I'm right now trying to pick up a cheap laptop from craigslist. Guy is sloth slow at responding.

Trying to do a deal through craigslist is the most infuriating experience. Had so many people bail out on adopted strays when it was time for them to come pick them up / meet them. Now I just have too many cats.

i bought one once. everything was great.

then after about a week it smelled horribly like BO. like a thousand locker rooms and armpits and sweaty balls. as the laptop got hotter, it was cooking the scent.

besides, looking back, how many times had that guy wanked it and got drippings on screen and keys?

think about that when buying a phone on ebay. people take dumps now with their phones.

no thanks.

I'm right now trying to pick up a cheap laptop from craigslist. Guy is sloth slow at responding.

Trying to do a deal through craigslist is the most infuriating experience. Had so many people bail out on adopted strays when it was time for them to come pick them up / meet them. Now I just have too many cats.

Yeah, at the moment we have kittens outside. You get the most shifty people call sometimes who you know are just going to sell them later too which sucks.

so, guys.  turns out i have to get my gallbladder taken out.  this is pretty exciting.  i've never so much as broken a bone.  now i get to lose a whole organ.  i'm pretty psyched.

It's not bad at all these days. They poke 3 small holes in you, then suck it out. I think you can even go home the same day these days. My dad had his out when he was my age and has a huge gnarly scar and was in the hospital for a week. It's crazy how in 25 years that surgery became so quick. Good luck with it, you'll feel a ton better once it's out.

It's not bad at all these days. They poke 3 small holes in you, then suck it out. I think you can even go home the same day these days. My dad had his out when he was my age and has a huge gnarly scar and was in the hospital for a week. It's crazy how in 25 years that surgery became so quick. Good luck with it, you'll feel a ton better once it's out.

They can make that kind of surgery that easy, yet I still have to fiddle around with a pair of tweezers to get a splinter out. 

For real though, good luck with the surgery, however quick it may be!

so, guys.  turns out i have to get my gallbladder taken out.  this is pretty exciting.  i've never so much as broken a bone.  now i get to lose a whole organ.  i'm pretty psyched.

I have needed mine out for 2 years. Long story short, I had insurance, was in extreme pain... went to the ER and found out I have very large gallstones. Lost my insurance a few weeks later, and still have large gallstones. Say goodbye to fatty fried foods, and hello to shots of apple cider vinegar. Hope you get it out soon and all is well!

I have needed mine out for 2 years. Long story short, I had insurance, was in extreme pain... went to the ER and found out I have very large gallstones. Lost my insurance a few weeks later, and still have large gallstones. Say goodbye to fatty fried foods, and hello to shots of apple cider vinegar. Hope you get it out soon and all is well!

I'm sorry to hear that. Gallstones are incredibly painful and no one should have to suffer through them for so long. The shitty thing is once you get them, you always will get more. I know the feeling of having no insurance all too well too.

Yup had mine out. In o.r. Around 6:30am and was home by 1pm. Though my ordeal wasn't done there as I had polyps. Thankfully all were non cancerous. Forgot what the word for that is

Yup had mine out. In o.r. Around 6:30am and was home by 1pm. Though my ordeal wasn't done there as I had polyps. Thankfully all were non cancerous. Forgot what the word for that is

Benign is the word you're looking for.

Anyone know what a high blood platelet count may mean? My doctor's office called me earlier and said mine was high and that I have a vitamin d deficiency. I'm not sure if I should be worried or not.

Benign is the word you're looking for.

Anyone know what a high blood platelet count may mean? My doctor's office called me earlier and said mine was high and that I have a vitamin d deficiency. I'm not sure if I should be worried or not.

i take 5000iu of D every day.  it's good for immune health and a lot of other things.  note sure about platelets.  i think it means your body is trying to heal something.

i have a gallstone.  dunno where it came from.  dude has taken up residency inside of me, and instead of evicting him, i'm gutting his house.  sucker.  sorry about your loss of insurance, man.  i cannot imagine what dealing with these pains on an ongoing basis would be like.  these things wake me up in the middle of the night and make me want to tear all of my insides out.

I just got the bill for my gallbladder removal. It was right around $40k. Luckily, insurance covered almost all of it, but still, the cost is pretty insane. The surgery itself was only $2,400 and the meds, tests, etc. were the rest of the cost. 

I'm glad to have it gone though. I feel a ton better, and it's comforting to know that I won't ever feel the pain of gallstones in the middle of the night again. 

Downside is, now anytime I have greasy food I'm in the bathroom shortly afterwards. #thestruggle

I just got the bill for my gallbladder removal. It was right around $40k. Luckily, insurance covered almost all of it, but still, the cost is pretty insane. The surgery itself was only $2,400 and the meds, tests, etc. were the rest of the cost. 

I'm glad to have it gone though. I feel a ton better, and it's comforting to know that I won't ever feel the pain of gallstones in the middle of the night again. 

Downside is, now anytime I have greasy food I'm in the bathroom shortly afterwards. #thestruggle

i see this as the upside ;-).

i hope my insurance covers all of this.  if not, things are gonna get sticky.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic