Why? It's the worst. It's like my whole day. I wake up at like 11 go to work come home do something for a little bit then sleep

Get to sleep in late, and get off work early enough to start my night owl vampire activities. Whatever that consists of.

Going to bed / waking up early blows so much donkey dong.

I did Christmas with my brother and his family and our parents Saturday.  I was only partially scolded for what I got them, so that is a good thing.  I was supposed to get the kids Play-doh which to me means some Play-doh and a playset that went along with them.  I got on a Princess dress making playdoh thingy and the other I got a playdoh dump truck.  However I was wrong and I should only have gotten them the play doh.  I get that you want to minimize the amount of plastic toys your kids have but give people a little room to buy your kids something.  Next year I am going to ask for a written instruction manual on what is and isn't an acceptable gift.

I got my brother a handful of records but I was smart this year and I opened most of them and bent up a corner or two on a couple and played a few of them mulitiple times so I could say that I got them cheap because I got them used.  His wife I got a gift card and just didn't write the value of it down so they can't complain about how much I spent until well after the fact.

My brother, and more specifically his wife are very particular about waste.  Gifts can't be wrapped, if they are you can see her get super uncomfortable.  She doesn't want to throw away wrapping paper.  Last year I realized that I should just wrap it in newspaper, but alas this year I forgot that should be passable.  (Each year I've went over there at Christmas I hear them getting into a fight in the other room because my sister in law thinks my brother is throwing away wrapping paper.  He isn't, he has a bag set aside where he folds and stores the paper til later when he can sort it out.)

I spent a bit more than $100 for my brother on records for him, and anything over $20 is forbbiden.  Realistically he loves music and since he started popping out babies he'll maybe buy 1 record a year.  (most likely less)  This year were a ton of records that came out that I know he would have super wanted.  Relationship of Command, Converge Caring and Killing.  Then there was the Murder by Death 10th anniversary repress that he was talking about how he and his wife wanted but couldn't afford so I picked that up.  Then I got him into William Elliot Whitmore so I picked up a couple of his records for him.  I have a Kvelertak record in the mail because he was talking about how they are the best new band he's heard in years and years.  I think I'll have to just hold till his birthday. 

First year I have a girlfriend when Christmas rolled around. Here's what I got her.

- 4 records (Kimya Dawson, Jeffrey Lewis, some live AJJ thing, and Yoshimi from Flaming Lips - Do You Realize is something we slow danced to when we saw them)

-Joyce Manor tape - I wanted to give her an AJJ tape too but it didn't arrive in time

-Tote bag with a big cat on it (she doesn't do purses)

-Random tour poster reprints of bands she likes

-Handmade scarf from a mutual friend

-Sartre book (She's into existentialism)

-Egon Schiele book (She's an art major and loves Schiele)

-AJJ Fanny Pack Thing they sell on their cartel

Plus a card. I wanted to get her flowers and cookies too but all the stores were closed when I got to it. Save it for V-Day. It sounds like I probably went overboard, but I already know some things she got me because she loves to ruin secrets - a Teebs record and a Tobacco record (not cheap) and a big sweater that just says BUTTS on it. I have to outdo her but I know I won't.

So for those who follow me on Instagram, if you think those comments of people being shocked over me drinking are hilarious...you should see my text messages. I've received nearly 10 from friends going "IS THAT REAL ALCOHOL IN THAT CUP?"

I normally spit out alcohol and complain that is gross. Goody two shoes for life.

You gotta get obliterated on your 21st. 

the eve of my 21st i drank all the shittiest liquor i could because i never wanted to drink them again.  goodbye mccormicks, it never was a pleasure.

my 21st? at some point someone offered me a white russian and well i didnt say no.  that's the only advice i'll give.  don't drink dairy.

I've never been much of a drinker so in my younger days when I would drink I would get beyond drunk.  About once a year I would get blackout drunk, that is why I quit drinking for a few years.  When wake up and look out your window and you see your car with 2 doors open and a dead battery cause you left your lights on you know it's time to reevaluate what you are doing.

Now I've reached a point where for the most part I can control how drunk I get.  A few weeks back was the first time in a long time I got out of control drunk.  That was only, in part, because I was at a bar 2 minutes from my apartment.  Most of the time I can just keep myself tipsy enough to be moderately friendly.

On topic of 21st birthdays, do a shot of 151.  Or 7 shots of 151 if you feel so inclined. 

I think we need a new Official Thread in the Off Topics Board.  The Official Shitfaced Falling Down Drunk Photo Thread.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic