Afternoon fellow humans. Hope everyone is doing well. Gonna take a second just to vent a bit since i know you guys are good at giving kind words in times of troubles. Like I've mentioned before, I've been out of work for 2 years now dealing with epilepsy issues and am dealing with a lawyer about getting my disability after being turned down twice. Yesterday everything starts fine, my wife comes home for lunch like usual, goes back to work, and 20 minutes later is home in tears because her boss cussed her, fired her for no reason and then tells her to leave the property or he will call the police. Next month would make 4 years she has been there, with no problems ever concerning problems with her work or complaints from customers. Now, we have no income with 3 kids here and I am freaking the fuck out seriously.... Sorry for the long read, but typing it out is helping slightly.

Not yet. I ordered a very cheap HDMI cable so I'm just waiting for it to arrive and then I'm set B)

Have you watched Ex Machina yet

Nice :) Was gonna text you last night to see if you got anything good... but then I didn't.

/cool story brosef

Ah thanks for the reminder, just rented Ex Machina! You'll be getting some annoying stoned texts about it tonight ;)

Afternoon fellow humans. Hope everyone is doing well. Gonna take a second just to vent a bit since i know you guys are good at giving kind words in times of troubles. Like I've mentioned before, I've been out of work for 2 years now dealing with epilepsy issues and am dealing with a lawyer about getting my disability after being turned down twice. Yesterday everything starts fine, my wife comes home for lunch like usual, goes back to work, and 20 minutes later is home in tears because her boss cussed her, fired her for no reason and then tells her to leave the property or he will call the police. Next month would make 4 years she has been there, with no problems ever concerning problems with her work or complaints from customers. Now, we have no income with 3 kids here and I am freaking the fuck out seriously.... Sorry for the long read, but typing it out is helping slightly.

Fuck, sorry man :(

That is terrible. Did they give her a reason? I'd look up your state laws and check with a lawyer. Usually they have to tell you why they are terminating you - but it depends if SC is an at will state or not. Either way I'd check with someone, since that is not right at all.

That is terrible. Did they give her a reason? I'd look up your state laws and check with a lawyer. Usually they have to tell you why they are terminating you - but it depends if SC is an at will state or not. Either way I'd check with someone, since that is not right at all.

Yes unfortunately this shit hole is a Right to Work state, all together another reason to not want to live here, but we did go and file for her unemployment this morning. He has no history of writing her up or any final notice and gave no solid reason for letting her go. he is a really underhanded guy though, and let another guy go not long ago over $5 worth of tint he messed up. Having been a restaurant GM in the past, I know that you have to have a solid paper trail to deny someone their unemployment if you fire them or they will get it. I once had to re-hire someone to avoid them paying out to them and then go through the paper trail route to get rid of them since he was late nearly every day.

What the fuck? That's seriously fucked up.

Ohio is also an at will state, so I know that game. Unemployment will certainly help and she should quailify, but it's certainly not ideal. I'd still check with a lawyer, there is probably something they can get the employer on to compensate her until she finds another job. That's some bullshit.

Sounds like you have a good lawsuit man. I know that doesn't help in the short term. Did she talk to him about getting her job back?

SC is absolutely an at will state. That's how they got me. But wrongful term can still apply. Saks just paid someone off 30k in SC for that

Sounds like you have a good lawsuit man. I know that doesn't help in the short term. Did she talk to him about getting her job back?

She hasn't asked for her job back after the way she was treated by him, who would want to? Curse at me and threaten to call the cops when I'm a near 40 year old woman who wouldn't hurt fly? No thank you. She is just searching out a new job while taking time to think this all through and figure out where to go. I damn sure made her go file for unemployment first thing though, because there was no reason for it. 

She hasn't asked for her job back after the way she was treated by him, who would want to? Curse at me and threaten to call the cops when I'm a near 40 year old woman who wouldn't hurt fly? No thank you. She is just searching out a new job while taking time to think this all through and figure out where to go. I damn sure made her go file for unemployment first thing though, because there was no reason for it.

I only asked just in case he took her back. That way the income flow doesn't stop while she continues her job search

I'm getting awfully fucking sick of these shit swing shifts at work. As my boss was leaving today she told me I have to be in early the rest of the week. Also have to do level 2 for Kronos again on Friday. Fuck this job.

I'm already dissuaded based on the words of Matt and Crosley Lover (I don't know how he feels about me using his real name).

Yeah, really stay away from anything with those waves in it. It isn't worth it. Maybe a slight bend; usually you can get them out. I honestly will send back anything where I can visibly see my tone arm move up at all (if possible).

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic