Shitty. Depending on the car, O2 sensors get expensive. Mine are $500 a piece, and there are two of them. Ball joints were probably the cheapest part of that repair. It always seems like it all goes wrong at once.

Holy shit. I've never seen an O2 sensor for over $200. That seems crazy.

Doesn't it always? I swear I always have a huge car repair bill once every five years or so, and I like to think I take good care of my car. I mean it's only an '07, but some shit is inevitable.

That also reminds me, a rock cracked my windshield while I was on the highway a few weeks ago, and I still need to call my insurance guy to schedule a time to get it replaced. Luckily I have full glass coverage. 

My car is an 04, and I got through that every few years too. It only has 75K mile on it, so it's not like it's getting a ton of wear on it. I got lucky this year and only had to pay $450 to replace all fluids in my car and one ball-joint. I'm pretty sure one of my O2 sensors is bad too, since my check engine light likes to come on when it is cold out. I need to get it fixed to pass an e-check in Feb. to get my plates.

The Whirr/Nothing split I ordered with the Turnover record is warped beyond playing. I tried to see, and the needle just jumped around like crazy. Wonder if I should eat the payment and order another, or ask RFC for a replacement. I always feel bad doing that.

Holy shit. I've never seen an O2 sensor for over $200. That seems crazy.

I guess they went down a bit, looks like the upstream is $157 at autozone and the downstream is $60. I had someone else install it last time, since it was a pain in the ass, so might have been what I was thinking of in the price. I can't remember which one I replaced :/.

My car is an 04, and I got through that every few years too. It only has 75K mile on it, so it's not like it's getting a ton of wear on it. I got lucky this year and only had to pay $450 to replace all fluids in my car and one ball-joint. I'm pretty sure one of my O2 sensors is bad too, since my check engine light likes to come on when it is cold out. I need to get it fixed to pass an e-check in Feb. to get my plates.

The Whirr/Nothing split I order with the Turnover record is warped beyond playing. I tried to see, and the needle just jumped around like crazy. Wonder if I should eat the payment and order another, or ask RFC for a replacement. I always feel bad doing that.

I just hit 130k. I put a lot of miles on while I was in college driving back home and whatnot.

Probably wouldn't hurt to hit up RFC to see if they might wanna replace it for you. I've always had super good experiences dealing with those cats. 

The Whirr/Nothing split I ordered with the Turnover record is warped beyond playing. I tried to see, and the needle just jumped around like crazy. Wonder if I should eat the payment and order another, or ask RFC for a replacement. I always feel bad doing that.

Get a replacement, don't feel bad. I ordered 4 iced earth records from overseas and two of the four are warped beyond playability, and one is warped enough that itakes a thump noise for the entire first song at the interval. They're sending me replacements of at least the two unplayable ones., unfortunately they won't be the uber limited versions any more, but whatever. Playable versions will make me happy

I always feel bad, since it is part of the mail order game, It's not always the labels fault. The records were super hot when I opened them, since I think my mail carrier left them in the sun. Thankfully the Turnover was ok, since I wanted it more.

I think I need to go to bed early, because I'm seeing things I think. I was doing dishes and it looked like some weird "figure" crossed in front of my window. It was humanish looking, but was clear and ghostly. My tired brain is going crazy. I'm sure the migraine I feel developing is not helping. It could have been a ghost too.

Get a replacement, don't feel bad. I ordered 4 iced earth records from overseas and two of the four are warped beyond playability, and one is warped enough that itakes a thump noise for the entire first song at the interval. They're sending me replacements of at least the two unplayable ones., unfortunately they won't be the uber limited versions any more, but whatever. Playable versions will make me happy

I have a place in town that'll flatten stuff for me if I ask. They have some fancy machine. Want me to do that for you?

It's more about how it's warped. A ones really close together that look like a pinch or where parts overlap won't work. It's basically two hot pieces of metal that press and then cool. I've had a few done.

I was thinking about buying this if I could repair it. Is that beyond help?

0IBuR8o.jpg

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic