Fuck dude I wish. I had a couple of cool projects going from like 20-24. Then did soloish stuff for a few years. Then my house in New Orleans got robbed 2 weeks before I moved to portland. Had to sell all my guitar equipment to fund my move. Now just stuck with my olllld acoustic.

Shiiiiiit.  But still, that old acoustic can pave the way to some beautiful music.

What's the issue with your parents? They won't let you bring a girl home to see your collection? They must be pretty protective.

Protective isn't how I'd put it. They'd just be weird about it and there'd be a lot of back and forth that's unneeded. Plus I don't even know her well enough to do that if I could

Where is my hipster qt3.14 that can dive into my record collection with the same fervent enthusiasm as I do?

Every girl I've brought over really digs the records, but they aren't blown away by some of the rarities, etc.  I usually just get "Oh wow, is that Sublime?" and stuff like that.  Occasionally I'll get a girl that actually digs some more far out music, but it's rare.

Hi, uh, we've talked some in the past and I kinda like you but I don't know what to talk to you about and don't really have a reason to. See you tomorrow!

That's the spirit!

Or maybe something like "Hey, I see you around campus and I think you're interesting.  Let's chill."  

Works 90% of the time.

That's the spirit!

Or maybe something like "Hey, I see you around campus and I think you're interesting.  Let's chill."  

Works 90% of the time.

Sounds like I'd come off kind of creepy. She usually hangs with another female friend who I can't quite get a read on, but she gives me the vibe that she doesn't like my existence at all. Hardly spoken but she just gives off thus weird passive aggressive vibe.

A week or two ago the gal in question stopped me and talked guitar stuff for a few because she's talking guitar 1 and knows I play. Maybe I should ask her how it's been and use that as an excuse. At this point I'd really just like to get to know her better.

Sounds like I'd come off kind of creepy. She usually hangs with another female friend who I can't quite get a read on, but she gives me the vibe that she doesn't like my existence at all. Hardly spoken but she just gives off thus weird passive aggressive vibe.

A week or two ago the gal in question stopped me and talked guitar stuff for a few because she's talking guitar 1 and knows I play. Maybe I should ask her how it's been and use that as an excuse. At this point I'd really just like to get to know her better.

Maybe her friend likes you.  Women are a puzzle, man.

As for the guitar in, I cannot tell you how many times playing instruments has gathered interest or got me laid.  Sometimes it's been the linchpin of a scenario.  Girls dig artists, brother.  We're creative, sensitive, and know where their o buttons are.

Maybe her friend likes you.  Women are a puzzle, man.

As for the guitar in, I cannot tell you how many times playing instruments has gathered interest or got me laid.  Sometimes it's been the linchpin of a scenario.  Girls dig artists, brother.  We're creative, sensitive, and know where their o buttons are.

Can't imagine her friend likes me, and even if she did there's no reason she'd be pissy because it's not like I've shown interest in anyone else.

Still not my goal here, or at least not yet. She seems pretty cool but I'd just like to get to know her better at this point. If I do anything I'll report back assuming anyone cares, but I probably won't have the balls to anyway. I'm a loud smartass here but irl I'm usually pretty quiet

Can't imagine her friend likes me, and even if she did there's no reason she'd be pissy because it's not like I've shown interest in anyone else.

Still not my goal here, or at least not yet. She seems pretty cool but I'd just like to get to know her better at this point. If I do anything I'll report back assuming anyone cares, but I probably won't have the balls to anyway. I'm a loud smartass here but irl I'm usually pretty quiet

Life begins outside of your comfort zone.

And once you venture out, it expands.  Soon enough you'll be the life of the party.

Life begins outside of your comfort zone.

And once you venture out, it expands.  Soon enough you'll be the life of the party.

I suppose. I'll see what kind of opportunities present themselves tomorrow. I mean, worst case shit goes wrong but that's better than nothing I suppose, right? Probably just jinxed myself, but yknow...

I was engaged at 18. Condomless shenanigans > anything. I had 2 years of that fun and goddamn, I would give a lot for that back. 3-4 times a day, 7 days a week. Now it's like 3-4 times a month with condoms if I'm lucky. Also, smoke so much pot. I don't trust a person who never smoked a lot of pot.

Anyone ever use Safelite to replace their windshield? My is super scratched, and it makes driving into the sun (which I have to do every morning) horrible. The price quote is only $220, which seems sorta cheap, so I'm curious about their quaility.

Anyone ever use Safelite to replace their windshield? My is super scratched, and it makes driving into the sun (which I have to do every morning) horrible. The price quote is only $220, which seems sorta cheap, so I'm curious about their quaility.

My dad just got his done. I'll ask him at a decent hour of the morning

morning all

Apparently, Jack White tried to fight Pat Carney last night in NYC.  Random.  Carney tweeted about it.  Funny.

It might get loud but it might also get really really sad and pathetic.

— Patrick Carney (@patrickcarney) September 14, 2015

Jack white is basically billy corgan's dumb ass zero t-shirt in human form.

— Patrick Carney (@patrickcarney) September 14, 2015

https://twitter.com/patrickcarney?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I'm not sure about your state but in SC, windshields are free to replace with auto insurance because it's considered "safety equipment"

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic