That sucks. I could easily drop the cash for a vpi table, if I had the money, but I don't. A Scout JR. is my current dream table. $1500.

Meh.  I wasn't expecting to win.  Somebody always comes through in the end.  They are hard to find locally.  It will happen, someday.  

Until then, may I dream of long, Fall nights.  

I kinda miss Chicago.  We had a long night til 5, barhopping.  I hadn't been out in a long while, and I don't drink, which my buddy was worried about.  Funny though, 4/5 bars that we went to that night had someone (Wo)manning 2 tables.  A few of them were playing old soul/latin.  Went through one place around 2.  Small dive.  First thing we see is a gent spinning nothing but latin/bossa/jazz.  It made my night.  I was high all night, but that's besides the point.  Happened a few yrs ago on a random trip up there, w a few folks spinning 45's of soul, and nothing but.  Average age was maybe late 20's.  Everyone was getting it.  

We don't have a spot like that locally.  A few try, but they aren't of the same vein, or setting.   

Meh.  I wasn't expecting to win.  Somebody always comes through in the end.  They are hard to find locally.  It will happen, someday.  

Until then, may I dream of long, Fall nights.  

I kinda miss Chicago.  We had a long night til 5, barhopping.  I hadn't been out in a long while, and I don't drink, which my buddy was worried about.  Funny though, 4/5 bars that we went to that night had someone (Wo)manning 2 tables.  A few of them were playing old soul/latin.  Went through one place around 2.  Small dive.  First thing we see is a gent spinning nothing but latin/bossa/jazz.  It made my night.  I was high all night, but that's besides the point.  Happened a few yrs ago on a random trip up there, w a few folks spinning 45's of soul, and nothing but.  Average age was maybe late 20's.  Everyone was getting it.  

We don't have a spot like that locally.  A few try, but they aren't of the same vein, or setting.   

The bar down the street from me has a soul/fuck night, and it's some dude spinning soul/fuck 45's all night. It is awesome.

hey quick question folks, can you or does anyone know how to search random peoples "in collection" list on discogs? not sure if its even possible, but I gotta track down a copy of the "28 Days Later OST".

When you do a search for the ost, on the right it should say "Have:" and show a number, click the number and it'll show you everyone who has it.

Edit: When you're on the page that gives the information on the OST.

hey quick question folks, can you or does anyone know how to search random peoples "in collection" list on discogs? not sure if its even possible, but I gotta track down a copy of the "28 Days Later OST".

There's a "haves" button in the listing page, click that and it'll tell you who owns one. Message them and ask if they'll sell it to you

Hawthorne!

On the corner of Hawthorne and Ceasar Chavez. Same set up as Hollywood with the huge service case. It's a cool store. A little smaller and my best buddy is the manager there who got me on with the company.

Nice! I don't know if I've been to that one

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic