Has anyone here ever worked at a car dealership before? I'm looking for a job right now, and there are a lot of openings at dealerships. I've got a pretty good knowledge of cars, and I'm pretty good at interacting with customers, so I feel like it might be a good fit. 

My dad was a car salesman when I was in junior high.  He was pretty good at it, because he's got excellent people skills.  He ultimately had to abandon it because he struggled with having to leave out specific details, to land certain sales.  This obviously pertained to used models, but it was definitely pushed on everyone to ensure they met quota.

Has anyone here ever worked at a car dealership before? I'm looking for a job right now, and there are a lot of openings at dealerships. I've got a pretty good knowledge of cars, and I'm pretty good at interacting with customers, so I feel like it might be a good fit. 

its not too tough. did it one summer in college. just be social, outgoing but not crazy. keep up the knowledge on your cars/models and be confident. the manager does all the stuff. you just lead people around and say "let see what my manager can do"

I know a chick who was driving around Detroit trying to meet Ryan Gosling while he was shooting "how to catch a monster". It was seriously borderline craziness. She was monitoring twitter to find out where they were shooting, waiting in front of his hotel, and other weird shit. Thought they were going to hit it off and get married.

Then I find out Matt Smith is in the movie (I went from never watching Doctor Who to being a fanboy over the last half year). Kinda wish I had gone down there a couple times and tried to meet the guy.

hey to anyone who might know someone who knows someone, you should contact them.

Im using all my contacts I got to help me find a job. I need a job.

check out usajobs.gov if you don't have anything against working for the federal government.

Things are turning around a little bit in that area. Learning how to operate in the current fiscal climate. Probably something for everyone on there (my area has store clerk to patent lawyer and everything in between).

ive gotten jury duty papers twice in my life and both times i got to say that im not a resident of the state of Connecticut. 

sooner or later, they're gonna get me

the Man = 0

Henster = 2

(knock on wood) I've never gotten jury duty.  My friend did while we were a college though.  She got to say she was a student and was dismissed.

I decided to just super glue my glasses, I know in the long run it's going to piss me off BUT I realized my jeans are ripping today. 
Even with gift cards, it still cost me $46.

Thank goodness I know how to work a sale. Just two pairs of paints PLUS my gift cards would have cost me $44. But I had 20% and free shipping on orders of $100+. Got the total to $100.56 with other things I needed, applied promo code, applied gift cards...wah lah.

Still hurts a bit though.

the Man = 0

Henster = 2

(knock on wood) I've never gotten jury duty.  My friend did while we were a college though.  She got to say she was a student and was dismissed.

there were like 10 options for me to choose, if i were to make it or not. 

i also just watched over an hour of the office bloopers.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic