A shop in our state has a picture of an unsealed OG pressing of Beck's Sea Change up on Instagram...with a fucking $300 price tag on it.... go get fucked Monster Music!

OG goes for less than that but if it was MoFi it'd be lower than what it goes for.

I listened to Sea Change this morning on the bus/homeroom, too. I really need a wax copy of that.

OG goes for less than that but if it was MoFi it'd be lower than what it goes for.

I listened to Sea Change this morning on the bus/homeroom, too. I really need a wax copy of that.

I agree it's a wonderful album and I love it, but the prices are just fucking insane for that on vinyl. This one is just a normal one as well, not a MOFI copy

https://www.instagram.com/p/94cIqVMpAa/?taken-by=monstermusicsc

Are there any other ones? I ordered the OG but I'm pretty sure I got the 2002. $20 so I don't care, really. It sounds pretty dynamic, so it may be the OG. I've heard the 2002 is kinda flat.

OG - 1996 - $30 - Sounds great.

RP - 2002 - $20-25 - Sounds great, but not AS great as the OG.

4xLP - 2010 - $45 - I would only spend the money if you are a diehard Weezer fan. I am, and even I sold this one later on.

MoFi - 2013 - $30 - Personally I think this copy sounds great. Don't know why it gets hate. MoFi is usually hit, and this one hits for me.

If your copy has a printed inner sleeve that's black and white that'll tell you. It should have studio photos and a map on it.

If there is a Geffen cat. number on it anywhere, it's 2002. OG is DGC (David Geffen Co.). If it has 425 007-1 on it, that's the Geffen cat. number, so that's 2002. If you can't tell, send me a photo of it, and I'll be able to tell you.

MoFi - 2013 - $30 - Personally I think this copy sounds great. Don't know why it gets hate. MoFi is usually hit, and this one hits for me.

I do thinks it's awesome this did get a MOFI release, but it has always made me wonder how it did being such a sleeper hit as it was. This has to be one of the most overlooked albums of the 90's imho

I do thinks it's awesome this did get a MOFI release, but it has always made me wonder how it did being such a sleeper hit as it was. This has to be one of the most overlooked albums of the 90's imho

Agreed. Pinkerton is the only Weezer album worth listening to, IMO. Blue album is ok too.

Edit: What tracker is finally back up. Time to finish off Caspian.

Pinkerton is the quintessential Weezer. It is by far their best, as well as one of the most underrated, overlooked, and emotional albums. Everyone who collects records should have it in their collection.

'Across The Sea' fucking kills me.

Pinkerton is the quintessential Weezer. It is by far their best, as well as one of the most underrated, overlooked, and emotional albums. Everyone who collects records should have it in their collection.

Well I mean... You probably only feel that way because: You were a...18 year old girl, who lived in a small city in Japan...

That is right on point my friend. It was so shitty how it got no backing due to some stupid court case based on the name of the album so Geffen just kinda went "oh well" with it. .... Nothing will ever be as cool as the line

"I'll bring home the turkey, if you bring home the bacon.." lol

What an ass clown. We should do a little b and e on that bad boy

I really like that store too since it was a Manifest back in the day when I worked at the location here before they sold out to a chain. But that is some straight up brick & mortar flipping if I've ever seen it..

If you want to hear the best sounding version of Sea Change, and at a tenth of the price that asshole is charging, pick up a copy on CD of all things (or just have a FLAC 24bit rip like I do): http://www.amazon.com/Sea-Change-Beck/dp/B0026MEM4K

I bought the CD when it first came out after seeing him on SNL and thinking "Holy fucking hell this guy is deeper than I thought". It's one of my top ten albums of all time for sure

Aren't we all, Jon? Aren't we all?

Yes, yes we are.

I really need to do a back-up on all my music tonight. Been neglecting my back-ups lately, have like 30 gig to move.

I bought the CD when it first came out after seeing him on SNL and thinking "Holy fucking hell this guy is deeper than I thought". It's one of my top ten albums of all time for sure

I think Sea Change and Morning Phase are his absolute best. You should hear Morning Phase 24bit | 96khz FLAC. It sounds fucking incredible. One of the best produced albums I've ever heard.

I have download codes for all their albums, and / or could have uploaded them so you didn't have to use tokens, friend.

I had codes for all but 2, so just used them on those. Still have 6 tokens left to grab stuff. Thanks though!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic