I just find myself not wanting to take any part in holiday activities anymore... Holidays stopped meaning as much little by little after my father passed away 10 years ago... 

aw. yeah. i'm in pretty much the same boat, so i totally understand how that goes... :( 

i plan on just getting drunk alone and maybe eating some tacos tomorrow. if tacos are even open... 

I have tomorrow off. At least I get that with this job, unlike my last.

I definitely worked my share of Thanksgivings, and I'm pretty sure Christmas Day at Starbucks.

I never minded it. All the customers were usually in good spirits, and the atmosphere was super chill. I miss working in a coffee shop.

I definitely worked my share of Thanksgivings, and I'm pretty sure Christmas Day at Starbucks.

I never minded it. All the customers were usually in good spirits, and the atmosphere was super chill. I miss working in a coffee shop.

Working Christmas was the worst at AAA. So many people running out of gas/locking their keys in their car/wanting towed 100+ miles. They would then say it's Christmas, why is my truck not here in 5 minutes? Because we are running a skeleton crew for drivers, and you're not the only moron who needs help. No one would take the long tows on Christmas Day, and people would yell and scream. It was double time, and the call volume was low, so it was worth it.

yes! I ordered a record on ebay 2/3 weeks ago, and I never got it and the company said there wasn't tracking. so they refunded me. the said record is sold out pretty much everywhere and Friday, when I got the refund, I found a copy of amazon warehouse deals for $17 "like new" still sealed. so I took a chance on it. had a friend order it for me who has prime, and I just got it, and its perfect! stoked.

for sure. back when i worked at a video store in hs, i'd actually request to work all the holidays for these very reasons. i didn't have to deal with relatives, got to hang out and have an easy/fun work day, plus the time + 1/2 didn't hurt either ;) 

yes! I ordered a record on ebay 2/3 weeks ago, and I never got it and the company said there wasn't tracking. so they refunded me. the said record is sold out pretty much everywhere and Friday, when I got the refund, I found a copy of amazon warehouse deals for $17 "like new" still sealed. so I took a chance on it. had a friend order it for me who has prime, and I just got it, and its perfect! stoked.

Nice. Awesome when stuff works out like that.

yea, my only other encounter with amazon warehouse deals was horrible so, this is great. got lucky with this one.

I generally try to avoid them for records too. I had pretty much the same thing happen years ago, when Amazon first started selling vinyl. Ordered a first press of Cursive's Domestica for way too much on ebay. It never showed up, got a refund and found the rarer red copy on Amazon for $15. It was awesome.

Edit: Then of course, it got repressed on red 2-3 years later. So I could have gotten it cheap at some point.

for sure. back when i worked at a video store in hs, i'd actually request to work all the holidays for these very reasons. i didn't have to deal with relatives, got to hang out and have an easy/fun work day, plus the time + 1/2 didn't hurt either ;)

Christmas day at the video store is basically the best shift in the entire world.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic