That one is okay, but the three I regularly rock are Antichrist/Mechanical Animals (my favorite)/Holy Wood. The others are hit and miss but nothing I'm in love with

I hated and still hate for the most part everything that came from the Nu Metal genre because at that point I was into Hardcore and real metal like Dying Fetus and Goatwhore, and starting to get into the stoner sludge area with Eyehategod, so Manson didn't shock or surprise me at all then, he just wasn't heavy enough. Later I revisited his work and found a few favorites among the pile, but nothing much after his first two albums really

I hated and still hate for the most part everything that came from the Nu Metal genre because at that point I was into Hardcore and real metal like Dying Fetus and Goatwhore, and starting to get into the stoner sludge area with Eyehategod, so Manson didn't shock or surprise me at all then, he just wasn't heavy enough. Later I revisited his work and found a few favorites among the pile, but nothing much after his first two albums really

Korn was my favorite band from like 1998 to 2000. I saw Limp Bizkit live once. That's the extent of my Numetal-ness

I'm old enough to remember the controversy around Marylin Manson. In 2015 its quaint and adorable that anyone was ever offended by him.

Best description ever was Henry Rollins talking about playing a festival with them:

"They had a day time slot, so their lights and smoke show didn't work as effectively, so it just looked like a bunch of dead guys having a BBQ..." lol

My numetal love is really hit and miss. I like SOAD/Manson/the first Slipknot, but others I either have or like a song or two.

My numetal love is really hit and miss. I like SOAD/Manson/the first Slipknot, but others I either have or like a song or two.

Whoa whoa whoa, SOAD is NOT Nu Metal. That's a common misconception. It's alternative metal at best, but they get a class all by themselves as far as I'm concerned. "System of a Down" could be its own genre.

This one's for Brian and Matt

Mxo6rSS.jpg

My mom stopped in my room and said "you don't actually like this...do you?". The vocals threw her for a loop.

The first time I heard this band, I literally recoiled. I just couldn't comprehend it. Then I saw them open for Dream Theater with 3 and Opeth, and it all became clear. Most people give me a strange look when I listen to them as well. How's the pressing?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic