I was a huuugggge Kevin Smith fan as a teenager. I saw JASBSB three times in theaters. None of his movies have aged well. I still love Clerks and can still have fun watching Mallrats and Dogma. But he's a straight up bad filmmaker. He could be a really good writer if he had to compromise and work with other people on scripts. Clerks hit at the just right time to get him a career and he managed to turn himself into a brand. Now he can effectively make anything he wants and none of it is any good.

I don't mind that none of his films age well, oddly. It makes them more even 'Kevin Smith' like. Dogma is hands down my favorite Kevin Smith work. And I agree, I'm all for him a writer, but he should let someone else film it.

I don't mind that none of his films age well, oddly. It makes them more even 'Kevin Smith' like. Dogma is hands down my favorite Kevin Smith work. And I agree, I'm all for him a writer, but he should let someone else film it.

He also needs someone not stoned to go over his writing at the end of every day. Someone to be like "This shit right here? No. Something else."

I just caught up with the thread, and that was a fucking hilarious read.

Seriously. I'm not backing up Eric's continued argument, and that of others, but Eric got shit on for seeing humor in the Kanye - Wiz beef because you guys are like "who gives a fuck". 99% of this thread is grown people talking about shit all day that no one fucking cares about. I have no problem with that, it's a small talk board. That's what it's for. But when someone's not in your small talk clique, and they post something "small talk" worthy, why you gotta shut them out instantly, with a "No." If one of the regulars in here posted that it would have gotten a different response.

Seriously. I'm not backing up Eric's continued argument, and that of others, but Eric got shit on for seeing humor in the Kanye - Wiz beef because you guys are like "who gives a fuck". 99% of this thread is grown people talking about shit all day that no one fucking cares about. I have no problem with that, it's a small talk board. That's what it's for. But when someone's not in your small talk clique, and they post something "small talk" worthy, why you gotta shut them out instantly, with a "No." If one of the regulars in here posted that it would have gotten a different response.

Nah dude, he got shit because I made a comment about it being stupid and that I didn't care, and he blew it out of proportion and kept saying "nigga."

Drop it.

I love how when 3 people share the same sentiment it's labeled a clique behavior.

I gave it a "no." because I'm sick of whatever obsession everyone seems to have with the smallest details of the lives of celebrities.

Nah, I'd still have said it was dumb as fuck.

I went into my iTunes library and I lost a fuckton of music, no explanation. Several gigabytes' worth gone. Luckily I have it backed up in iTunes Match, but I'm gonna spend all night downloading it all again.

Some of the files are still on my hard drive, some are gone completely. Anyone have any idea what the fuck happened?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic