I only use it to keep track of what I listen to. Every week I push my top 3 artists from tweekly.fm to my twitter.

I feel ya. Been a devoted scrobbler since 2009. Still scrobbling every now and then but I almost never actually visit the site anymore. It's a mess.

Morning all. I have had the worst case of brain fog the past few days, and it's terrible this morning. I don't remember driving to work, and I feel so out of it. Fun times.

Good morning all, Matt has a good list, I find it particularly refreshing to see someone include Red Sparowes. I'm disappointed that "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" wasn't included though

If I hadn't been too lazy to participate there might be a slight possibility of CODY making the cut. I think Derek would've had a vote for it as well. Quite a surprise to see a post-rock list without any Mogwai in there (or Tortoise, as you say, even though I never fully got into their stuff).

If I hadn't been too lazy to participate there might be a slight possibility of CODY making the cut. I think Derek would've had a vote for it as well. Quite a surprise to see a post-rock list without any Mogwai in there (or Tortoise, as you say, even though I never fully got into their stuff).

my list would have Mogwai and a different Mono album, but that's what is fun about music, we all like different stuff even in the same genres

Good morning all, Matt has a good list, I find it particularly refreshing to see someone include Red Sparowes. I'm disappointed that "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" wasn't included though

They were one of my first post rock bands, along with God Is An Astronaut. They don't get enough love. Glad to see someone else who appreciates them.

And Tortoise is playing DC in March. Definitely going to that show.

my list would have Mogwai and a different Mono album, but that's what is fun about music, we all like different stuff even in the same genres

Absolutely. I think the VC list is, besides of being full of amazing albums, a lot more interesting than most post-rock lists out there, for it roaming a path aside of the most common GYBE, Mogwai, Tortoise, Sigur Ros stuff. I mean, all of it is great in its own rights, but it's the stuff that anyone interested in checking the genre out gets familiar with before anything else. The VC list has more of an 'advanced' character to it, which is nice.

They were one of my first post rock bands, along with God Is An Astronaut. They don't get enough love. Glad to see someone else who appreciates them.

And Tortoise is playing DC in March. Definitely going to that show.

nice I randomly checked out Red Sparowes when a used cd came into the record store, store play got boring so we would just throw on CDs interesting looking cases over the speakers. They will be in Denver in May, I will also be at that show. I've never got a chance to see them live yet

Absolutely. I think the VC list is, besides of being full of amazing albums, a lot more interesting than most post-rock lists out there, for it roaming a path aside of the most common GYBE, Mogwai, Tortoise, Sigur Ros stuff. I mean, all of it is great in its own rights, but it's the stuff that anyone interested in checking the genre out gets familiar with before anything else. The VC list has more of an 'advanced' character to it, which is nice.

which is this list in question? or are you referring to Matt's list?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic