Eh, could be worse. I put Whirr - Sway on this morning and am about to leave. You?

Not a bad way to start a day :) Have a great morning of class Dom!

Morning chkadea. Sitting at work annoyed, but otherwise good. You?

What's been going on that is rubbing you the wrong way - same old lazy workers, or something new? I'm glad to hear it sounds like you're feeling a lot better! :)

Not doing too bad on my end. Amazing night and just getting up now to get ready for my 6 hr drive back home, with a complimentary lost voice haha

What's been going on that is rubbing you the wrong way - same old lazy workers, or something new? I'm glad to hear it sounds like you're feeling a lot better! :)

Not doing too bad on my end. Amazing night and just getting up now to get ready for my 6 hr drive back home, with a complimentary lost voice haha

Yeah, feeling a ton better. How about you? You said you had the flu before the drive. You're crazy for making such a long drive with the flu :P.

And yeah, lazy workers. Last months stats came out and the margins are worth then ever.

Went to sleep at like 8 last night, woke up and got sick for basically no reason so I'm leaning towards dairy free isn't the problem. Then just woke up, even with my bad interval in the middle think I managed like 10 hours of sleep. Waking up with Yndi Halda on the turntable, kind of a noisy pressing in parts but that it's not bad enough to request a replacement, can't expect wonders for $15 for a double lp new.

Went to sleep at like 8 last night, woke up and got sick for basically no reason so I'm leaning towards dairy free isn't the problem. Then just woke up, even with my bad interval in the middle think I managed like 10 hours of sleep. Waking up with Yndi Halda on the turntable, kind of a noisy pressing in parts but that it's not bad enough to request a replacement, can't expect wonders for $15 for a double lp new.

I've read the repress is quite noisy, but as you said, $15 is a great deal for a 2xLP anymore. Hell $15 is good for a single LP these days.

I've read the repress is quite noisy, but as you said, $15 is a great deal for a 2xLP anymore. Hell $15 is good for a single LP these days.

it doesn't overpower the music, it's just noticeable in some of the quiet passages. It's very sporadic, it's not constant, but I did notice it on at least 3 sides the first time. I'm playing it the second time now, so it might quiet down after the first spin

Yeah, feeling a ton better. How about you? You said you had the flu before the drive. You're crazy for making such a long drive with the flu :P.

And yeah, lazy workers. Last months stats came out and the margins are worth then ever.

Ugh, I hope the stats don't affect your job too much. I'm a little surprised there isn't an incentive for you all to do well from the sound of things. At my old job, I think the only thing that kept our engineering design projects on track were the quarterly bonuses if we met their arbitrary quota.

Flu is still going strong, with what feels like a lovely case of tonsillitis or strep being thrown into the mix. Will have to drive with more DayQuil in my cup holder haha :P. Caspian/Defeater/O'Brother were totally worth it, though. Honestly one of the most mind-blowing performances. And was lucky enough to shoot the breeze with Jordan Dreyer at a bar down the street afterwards.

Morning all. Hope you feel better soon Kevin! The flu is like a muthafucka around here as of late

Good morning T3 (and anyone else who is up and at 'em)!

How are you doing today?

Good morning lady! It's cold but, I heard tell, I may have breakfast food arriving soon via transport of a friend :) Yay sausage biscuits (I'm such a southerner lol)

I'm debating taking my car in to a shop, just to replace the headlight. It's huge pain in the ass to replace them in my car, since you can't see what you are doing and you have to take the battery out.

Morning folks. I'v got the flu that never ends. I think I'v been sick almost a week now.

That's shitty. It seems to be a pretty bad strain going around here. Set-up your TT up?

Edit: 2nd post answered my question. That sucks.

FedEx is the god damn worst. Any time I get a shipping notification and I see it's through FedEx I get pissed.

Agreed. They never deliver on time.

Hoping it shows up on time today. I don't know how accurate these time frame windows are.

It's FedEx, so it's not very accurate. Hopefully they'll be good to you this time though.

Edit: I think the air in this building is super stagnant, because my sinuses are going crazy since getting to work.

I know someone who paid a shit load of money to have the flowers for their wedding overnighted. Day before the wedding and nothing. Day of, nothing. She got FedEx to refund her delivery money, refund the money she spent on the flowers, and partially pay for the flowers she had to buy hours before the ceremony started

The marriage went about as well

I know someone who paid a shit load of money to have the flowers for their wedding overnighted. Day before the wedding and nothing. Day of, nothing. She got FedEx to refund her delivery money, refund the money she spent on the flowers, and partially pay for the flowers she had to buy hours before the ceremony started

The marriage went about as well

Wow, that is terrible... but I don't know why someone would trust something so important to get shipped the night before.

Yup. Officially refusing to come back here next year. They just told us that we have a mandatory retreat on an upcoming Saturday and we will have a 10 page reflection paper. Next year they said juniors have a 40 hour in parish service requirement. No fucking way. I am handing in a 10 page paper on why religion is horse shit and responsible for 90% of the problems in the world in some capacity and that is totally fine because it's a paper about "how it made you feel and what you learned about yourself". If they try to shove it down my throat one more time I am going to lose my shit. You aren't going to convince me of anything by harassing me about it incessantly.

It's been a long start of the day.

/rant

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic