Good to know that someone agrees with me a least though. I dunno, I'll figure myself and this shit out eventually. I am just sick of being dealt with here like I am fucking broken or something because I don't blindly buy into things and ask some tough questions.

That right there was definitely one of the major detractors.  I remember sitting in a room of a bible study group where a girl who had no association with anyone in the room (I believe she had just moved to town) decided not only to be brave enough to show up, but even asked a few very hard questions about depression and anxiety.

The leader gave a very sincere, but very misplaced answer that she just just need to trust in God and he'd release her from her depression and anxiety.  She looked so defeated I thought she might cry, she just looked at her feet and didn't engage for the rest of the study.  The leader, if he even noticed her reaction, didn't make any attempt to address the issue beyond his useless cookie-cutter response.  She left and never came back to the group.

What's the point of gathering under the umbrella of church or religion if it isn't to support each other?

Yo, T, I set up my DAC, and amp on my dad's computer. He is listening to Physical Graffiti 24bit right now, and is loving it. He says the difference is night and day. I think I've converted him.

Haha, that is awesome. It really is a night and day difference the first time you use some real equipment. I've been trying to get my dad back into hifi too, since he stopped after I accidentally blew a set of his speakers as a child.

That right there was definitely one of the major detractors.  I remember sitting in a room of a bible study group where a girl who had no association with anyone in the room (I believe she had just moved to town) decided not only to be brave enough to show up, but even asked a few very hard questions about depression and anxiety.

The leader gave a very sincere, but very misplaced answer that she just just need to trust in God and he'd release her from her depression and anxiety.  She looked so defeated I thought she might cry, she just looked at her feet and didn't engage for the rest of the study.  The leader, if he even noticed her reaction, didn't make any attempt to address the issue beyond his useless cookie-cutter response.  She left and never came back to the group.

What's the point of gathering under the umbrella of church or religion if it isn't to support each other?

Yeah, I have seen a lot of similar stuff and that's really what gets me. Why should I believe a word you say if you can't answer the tough questions about it? Either you don't know and are blindly following or there's no reason and it's bullshit. I have heard the "have faith..." or something similar cop out too many times. Why would I have faith in this if you can't explain your reasoning? Give me something to go on. I don't know for sure if I believe in any kind of a god or not right now but I don't want any part of organized religion due to stuff like this. I can be a good person on my own.

Depending on fund here soon, I think I'm going to separate my digital and analog set-up. By that I'm just going to get a headphone amp and get a desk for my laptop, so I will only listen to digital through the dac/amp combo. I'll need some nice headphones too.

Just got my turntable set up and holy shit am I happy. Spinning a record for the first time in wayyyy too long. Sweet jesus. Stella just got her groove back.

Nice!!!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic